PDA

View Full Version : Oil amount ?

MOOMBA_97
03-05-2007, 11:24 AM
As I said in another post I bought an Outback last week after selling my Boomerang. My Boomerang had the 351 Ford that held 5 quarts. The Outback of course has the 350 Chevy. What is the amount of oil the engine holds and what weight are you guys running? My manual was a little vague.

qb12
03-05-2007, 11:46 AM
5 qts 15w 40.

congrats with the new ride.

db

bobwells
03-06-2007, 09:18 PM
Hey moomba 97> We're bout neighbors ! I use to live right on the Georgia line, big town of "Beachton" :-) Still got quite a few "old" (i'm 52)running buddies up there. I moved to Tallahassee and from there move down to lake Talquin. Congrats on the boat. I bought a '98 mobius just b-4 Christmas last year and am loving it. Where are you riding? Anyway good to see a local on brd here. Gimme a holler if I can be of help anytime. weathers lookin real nice... enjoy the new ride!

MOOMBA_97
03-06-2007, 09:40 PM
Bob,

We have a place on Lake Seminole but the weeds have taken over and it's not a very good ski lake anymore. Used to be on the Flint in Bainbridge every weekend for the past 10 to 15 years but I joined a boat club at Cherry Lake in Madison last year. I love that place, no scum line the entire year. Most of my buds are still on the Flint so we'll be going there a little more this year. If you're ever up there look for a white/yellow Outback LS or a blue/white Supra Launch. We're into the surfing now so we need everyone on board for a wake.

Monty

bobwells
03-06-2007, 11:08 PM
Will do Monty, I use to visit the Flint everyonce in a while,way back when everybody was driving Hydrostreams that would peal your eyelids back...
If you ever make it to the southwest a few miles I'm on blount creek on the southside we have a lot of good water from my house all the way to the dam. My sons the wakeboarder/surfer/ skier. He's working hard on the surf thing, I get to be a phatsac. Bought some phatsacs for the boat still playing with position and weight, any reccomends would be greatly appreciated. thanks for response, bob