PDA

View Full Version : Applying anti fouling on a new hull?

moomba_armada
03-04-2007, 09:03 AM
Hello everyone

I´ve been told to apply the atifouling thing on my new hull,that will run only in salt water.It´s a bit scary :roll: for me to take the wax off the new hull and sand it with 80 grid sandpaper as i have read here: http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/bo_enhancements/article/0,2021,DIY_13717_2278299,00.html ,any suggestions? I´m trying to do things ok...any help about salt water protection for the hull and entire boat would be appreciate :)

Buttafewcoe
03-04-2007, 02:29 PM
I am afraid the anti-fouling directions are correct for protecting your boat. More so to prevent marine growth than corrosion, but it does add a measure of protection against that also.
B

moomba_armada
03-04-2007, 04:10 PM
Thanks Buttafewcoe, marine growth doesn´t really worry me..just a bit,but osmosis bubbles do.,also i have read a post in here talking about engine paint cracking and rusting, Indmar site says there is an improved paint on their engines for this year though.We will see...

Richard Peabody
03-04-2007, 05:47 PM
I also will be painting the bottom of my new 07 Mobius XLV. We take delivery in April and will have the bottom painted ASAP. We will be on the upper Chesapeak Bay in Maryland and Cape May NJ during Juyl and August. The boat will stay in the water during the season. We are also looking for any advice in dealing with the salt enviroment.

Richard

Buttafewcoe
03-04-2007, 07:16 PM
Lots of info available online. Just remember, Anti-fouling is not a 'one coat' and forget it. Every so often, there will have to be a re-application.
I was stationed in Portsmouth in the late 70's. Beautiful area up there
B