PDA

View Full Version : recall on 2000 MOB V

skiboat
06-27-2003, 06:09 AM
Is there a recall for something on this model? I think it has something to do with the cooling system?

Catdog1
06-28-2003, 03:11 AM
I don't know, but somewhere on the board we were discussing Indmar-supplied circulating water pumps for the GM 350 V8 for the 99 or 00 timeframe and Brian indicated that there were problems with leakage and that new replacement parts have been improved. Not sure if you could claim it under the engine warranty at this point.

According to the Indmar website (which is in my opinion nearly devoid of usable information) an occasional drip from tiny weephole underneath the water pump casing is ok for seal lubrication, but more steady stream or spray would indicate seal failure. It looks like an automobile replacement part, but apparently the marine version has different seal and has either a brass or stainless impeller...

Mine has been dripping off and on excessively for the last two years, but I've been too lazy to repair it... the water gets slung by the fan belt.... but I still run 168 to 172 degrees on the guage and this is reasonable at our lake temperatures.

Hope this helps.