PDA

View Full Version : A3 tower up or down when towing?

Surgical_ass
09-27-2019, 06:03 PM
I was told today that it's not a good idea to tow with the tower down. Said it was free floating and bad for the rope. I looked at the point where the tower meets itself and it looks like It rests on a molded plastics piece that acts as a stop. When the boats are transported from the factory they have the tower down and the transport cover on. Thoughts?

Stazi
09-27-2019, 06:13 PM
It does not lock down in the lowered position, so is not a good idea to tow with it down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

larry_arizona
09-27-2019, 06:55 PM
Huge advantage to tow with it down.

Can you strap it down?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jcredible
09-27-2019, 07:47 PM
I tow with mine up. Pretty sure it could get strapped down manually to under dash or to seat post. It would help with bug guts too!

Surgical_ass
09-27-2019, 08:11 PM
Hadnt thought about strapping it down. I figured it wouldnt move much since it takes a fair amount of push to get it all the way folded. I also have to store it folded down. Thinking I might need to start protecting the rope since its exposed more than not. Thinking about using bow string wax. Any experience with protecting the rope?

Stazi
09-27-2019, 08:32 PM
Just tow with it up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

schwan
09-28-2019, 10:10 AM
Thinking I might need to start protecting the rope since its exposed more than not. Thinking about using bow string wax. Any experience with protecting the rope?

I'm interested in this too if anyone has ideas. Some kind of wax would be a good idea. During the week I lower my tower to snug the boat up under the lift.