PDA

View Full Version : Bimini Tops.... for Towers..

04OUTBACK
02-28-2007, 10:21 PM
I have an '04 Outback with Rad-A-Cage stock Tower. I am interested in a bimini top. I know there is one available from Moomba. I have also seen several others that do not require drilling.
Can anyone provide feedback/suggestions on Biminis?
Anyone tried the Big Air Bimini from Big Air Pylons? Seems Cheap at $395. Anyone know how much the Moomba bimini is? I got a quote from Great Lakes Boat Top that was around $500 plus shipping. My nearest Moomba dealer is 3 hours away so it is not easy to run talk to them. I bought mine used in Missouri so I have not even been to a Moomba dealership...

Thanks for any feedback...

BW

csumerall
02-28-2007, 10:53 PM
I have an 06 outback, I spoke with a few local dealers and the prices ranged from $550-$700 but they all required drilling and also they had nylon webbing lines for support. I am currently having a top built that just clamps onto the tower similar to the new supra bimini storage top. They can custom build one for you. I think mine is about $695 plus shipping. the upside is no drilling and also no cheesy ropes holding everything down

Heres their website
http://www.sewlong.com/ftt.htm
here's another in cali
towerbiminis.com

hope it helps

qb12
02-28-2007, 11:24 PM
there was a thead on this about 3-4 weeks ago. you might go there and look, i posted some info on the towerbiminis.com along with their pricing.

they are awesome but $$. One of the things i really like about them is they have no support straps.

db

pickle311
02-28-2007, 11:52 PM
I got one from sewlong last year and I love it. It smokes the one from the dealer and every other one that I've seen. I'll try to get some pics of it this weekend.

04OUTBACK
03-01-2007, 11:13 PM
Thanks for all the info. I had looked at the Sewlong FTT. I really like it. I will probably go with it or the one from Great Lakes.

Anyone have cabin fever? I am so ready to get out and ride!