PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Outback V-neccessary options

kh1087
02-26-2007, 09:11 PM
Hi everyone,

Im just wondering what absolutely neccessary options are needed for a boat keeping in mind the price. Is the ballast 3 upgrade really necessary or are there more economical opitions for ballast. How about Perfect Pass? The boat will mostly be driven by 2 experienced drivers. Is it really necessary. And lastly is the closed cooling highly recommended for a boat being used in fresh water only.

Thanks

pickle311
02-26-2007, 09:43 PM
I wouldn't get the closed cooling. I would get the perfect pass, heater, and maybe a shower. The ballast system is a must as well as a bimini and board racks for me. I always go for the extended warranty too.

hiqualityH2O
02-26-2007, 11:49 PM
If your thinking re-sale down the road, usually the more options the better. Triple Ballest is a good option to have. Racks are usually less expensive if you get them with the boat. The bimini is a nice thing to have right away and not have to mess with later. Bottom line, it's kind of nice to get the boat turn key if you can do it.

I agree with Pickle, extended warranty is an excellent idea and I don't think closed cooling is necessary as long as you stay in fresh water.

Hope this helps!

Buttafewcoe
02-27-2007, 06:03 AM
The closed cooling system might make for eaiser winterizing, tho.
B

JesseC
02-27-2007, 12:43 PM
Hi everyone,
How about Perfect Pass? The boat will mostly be driven by 2 experienced drivers. Is it really necessary. Thanks

YES.

No matter how experienced the driver is, there is nothing more anoying than having to keep adjusting the throttle up and down instead of wathcing your ski/wakeboarder. Wind, current, choppy, smooth water, fat rider, skinny rider and many other things can affect the speed of the boat. Since all these are contsantly changing the throttle is constantly being adjusted. Personally, I will NEVER own another boat without some type of Perfect Pass. Set it and forget it and spend your time wathcing where you are going and what your ski/wakeboarder is doing.

JoeTechie
02-27-2007, 01:09 PM
Here's my $0.02

Perfect Pass: "Almost a must". Proably the most enjoyable option on a skiboat after the wake hardware.

Ballast: "Maybe" - you can get bags that are better, cheaper later, but they are not plummed into the boat, not a big deal to do after and get it exactly the way you want.

Closed water cooling - "NO." The freshwater pump is huge and unless you are in salt it is a waste of $. Most people's hose water has more sediment and minerals and clohriene than any lake water!

Water Strainer - "YES." - clean it monthly and you're cooling system will be great.

Bimini - "NO." - get it aftermarket cheaper and larger, and higher quality. SC uses pretty basic canvas grades and no color options

Racks - no clue - see above posts.

Hope this helps,

Joe