PDA

View Full Version : Watch out Alabama boaters. This guy is crazy...NO WAKE JAKE.

justflyinglow
09-03-2019, 06:58 PM
Drilling holes in boats because he doesnt like wake surfing? There is alot in life I dont agree with but this is crazy.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://cruisingodyssey.com/2019/08/24/no-wake-jake-sinks-boats-in-alabama-becomes-a-folk-hero/&ved=2ahUKEwj9w6qs37XkAhVoTd8KHd8tC3wQFjAAegQIBBAB&usg=AOvVaw3HmfxQYA6au6Rx4s9BDfcF

larry_arizona
09-03-2019, 07:13 PM
As much as I understand peoples dislike of wake boats, this guy is going to run up against the wrong wake boat owner and end up in jail or dead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

haknslash
09-03-2019, 07:16 PM
It's fake. The walker county buzzard FB page where this originated from is a troll / satire page. Crazy it went viral. Idiot FB group.

larry_arizona
09-03-2019, 07:24 PM
It's fake. The walker county buzzard FB page where this originated from is a troll / satire page. Crazy it went viral. Idiot FB group.

Good to hear, nothing good ever comes from FB.

haknslash
09-03-2019, 09:31 PM
Good to hear, nothing good ever comes from FB.

My only fear is this will spark some interest in those loose cannon folks. You know there are some copy cat crazies out there that would try some crap like this. I see someone under my boat it would not be good for them.

I know our boats get a bad wrap but after spending a weekend watching boats come and go from the area of our condo it seems most wake boat owners actually followed the no wake rule into the slough but I'd say 7 out of every 10 pontoon boat disregarded following boating etiquette and respect for others as they sped through. Every single bass boat completely blasted through as did the PWC's. True those boats and skis don't throw big wakes like we do but there are far more of them on our lakes and that's all it takes to turn it into a washing machine. Most wake boat owners I've ran across seem to try and find secluded areas and not bother folks with their big waves, I mean we all crave that clean, glassy water afterall. We just get a bad wrap because every group has a few bad apples and idiots but our boats are easy targets because of the sport. I really wished I had setup a camera from our balcony so we could get a count on which types of boats completely disregard other people's property.

zabooda
09-03-2019, 11:28 PM
It's a felony so taking their guns away should be a driver not to vandalize. Since that is an action normal people don't do, they would be a candidate for psychological evaluation.