PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Pump Fuse Location??

ldarr
08-21-2019, 10:07 AM
2006 Mobius LSV
Indmar
Carb'd
400hrs
v-Drive

I know this has been discussed and I have read through as much as I can, although I just am at my wits end trying to find the 15amp fuse that supports my fuel pump. Boat was in storage for about a year and battery was dead. I charged it and when I turned on the key, I did not hear the typical sound i hear from the fuel pump priming and I kinda knew in the back of my mind there was to be a problem. I sprayed some starter fluid and the motor starts right up for 2 or 3 seconds so I know she is ready to hit the water soon!

I confirmed my lanyard is in place and I have replaced the Oil Pressure switch, although I am just not getting any voltage to the fuel pump.

I removed the fuel pump and attempted to check it to see if it was working and no sound would come from it. I basically hooked it to my charger and no sound so I think the fuel pump went out and it must have taken the fuse with it...and here i am back to my original problem of trying to find that darn fuse. I see where everyone states is in the back of the engine (assuming that is toward the bow) and it is in a small fuse holder with 2 other fuses, but for the life of me, I just can't locate the darn thing! Anyone have the same problem or know exactly where to look? New fuel pump arrives tomorrow.

Stazi
08-21-2019, 03:38 PM
Find the power wires to the pump and physically follow them back upstream. I seam to remember on my old 2004 there was a push button breaker, but I’m unaware of there being a fuse. The carb engines are super simple so there can’t be that much wiring going on.

I’m not sure if a charger would activate your fuel pump as sometimes they won’t push current unless they see the right resistance and load. Did you try just running a positive and negative wire from your actual battery?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ldarr
08-22-2019, 09:23 AM
I did find a 12v source and ran that directly to the fuel pump and no sound/action at all. I found what seems to be a type of circuit breaker, one that kind of slides out/in and reset it, no luck. The owners manual says 3 fuses exist at the back of the engine and I have had no luck in finding them at all. thanks for the reply!!

Stazi
08-22-2019, 09:52 AM
Dang. Well at least you know the pump is for real, toast.

Starting tracing wires. It’s gotta be there somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

engrguy
06-06-2020, 06:54 PM
Any updates on the location of this fuse? It would be good to know.

Tydogg
06-08-2020, 02:31 PM
On the back of the engine there is 3 different "housing" , each contain 3 fuses each . ONE set of the 3 housings has the fuel pump fuses in it . If your looking at the big red breaker , look on the other side of the engine almost same height you should see them

secondsupra2004
06-10-2020, 11:52 PM
On the back of the engine where your ECM is mounted to a steel plate, there are several items on the back side of the plate. One is the diagnostic connector for the ECM, the one next to it (which also looks like a wiring connector) is a fuse holder. The (3) housings that Tydogg is referring to are the Fuel pump relay, Ignition relay and the starter relay (no fuses inside of those). All (3) are the same and interchangeable in a pinch. I will attempt to attach a pic of the fuse holder.2869028691
Hope this is the same on yours.