PDA

View Full Version : Prevent Tube Rope Scuff?

trae73
08-19-2019, 04:57 PM
So my kids didn't buy the "tubing voids the warranty" comment... So my question, if we're supposed to use the low pylon for pulling a tube (not the tower), is anyone worried the tube rope will scuff up the rear platform cushions as it drags side to side?? Anyone find a good solution (other than popping the tube)? LOL.

Boat is new (2019 Mondo) so I am definitely suffering from "newboatitis"

larry_arizona
08-19-2019, 05:20 PM
Tube ban FTW!!!!

I saw a newer Malibu towing two tubes from the tower.

Morons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trayson
08-19-2019, 05:24 PM
So my kids didn't buy the "tubing voids the warranty" comment... So my question, if we're supposed to use the low pylon for pulling a tube (not the tower), is anyone worried the tube rope will scuff up the rear platform cushions as it drags side to side?? Anyone find a good solution (other than popping the tube)? LOL.

I have convinced my wife and son that the best tube is the one that you "leave at home". My tube hasn't been in my boat for 2 or 3 years. I only have one kid, but I have made sure he has ALL the gear he needs for legit boardsports. Wetsuits, how own surf board, his own wakeboard... It helps. I even bought a Zup board for the littles that don't quite have the dexterity for the normal board sports.

That said, you could get one of those ugly floating inflatable tube balls...

rdlangston13
08-19-2019, 05:56 PM

I find it only rubs while idling, once you get up to speed it doesnt make contact. Another remedy would be one of those cables that attaches to the D rings on the transom and has a pully wheel thing with a tube attachment on it like this one here

https://www.amazon.com/Airhead-AHTH-3-Kwik-Tek-Tow-Harness/dp/B000FECD2Y/ref=sr_1_6?keywords=tube+towing+attachment&qid=1566251752&s=gateway&sr=8-6

KnoxMojo
08-19-2019, 06:11 PM
a couple companies make a power ball that inflates, it sits about halfway between the boat and tube. Keeps the rope from rubbing and keeps it from dragging in the wake. Airhead is one of the companies. A quick amazon search will turn up a few. Tube ball.

sandm
08-19-2019, 07:12 PM
I'd go the d ring route RD mentions since it doesn't look like skiers is putting a rope hook on the center of the transom.

KnoxMojo
08-19-2019, 08:59 PM
I'd go the d ring route RD mentions since it doesn't look like skiers is putting a rope hook on the center of the transom.

Just use the pop up pylon. That's why it is there.

bergermaister
08-20-2019, 10:59 AM
Unless you're out to kill them, at 20mph or less the boat usually has enough of a bow high stance that the rope will never touch.

Other simple solution is to have one of your spotters sit in the back seat and mind the rope when idling, etc.

jason1973
08-21-2019, 09:34 AM
It only touches the vinyl when idling. It about 18" off the vinyl while towing. No worries. A friend of mine has been towing a tube for years on his outback and his vinyl still looks perfect.

trayson
08-21-2019, 11:33 AM
https://waterskis.com/radar-3ft-motor-box-protector-rope-holder/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&gclid=CjwKCAjw1_PqBRBIEiwA71rmtRb0x9mfI16jFsr_3JsP yVPHWSBBUSf3vEXURxer-79UekR4QQwcxhoCragQAvD_BwE

https://www.bakesonline.com/pub/media/catalog/product/cache/7a11416a35f2a81ef738ef5521e54593/2/0/2019radarmotorboxprotectorropeholder.jpg