PDA

View Full Version : Storage Nets

SkiKY
06-24-2003, 09:16 PM
I recently purchased a 2003 LSV and it doesn't have any of the storage nets that I see in the pictures on the Kamberra behind the passenger back rest or the large storage nets for gloves and ropes that are under the stern storage decks in the Supra pictures.

The boat has tons of storage but there is no good place to put the small items like gloves and sunscreen. It would be great to have some of the storage nets found on some of the 'pricier' boats for these items. Does anyone know where these can be purchased?

Catdog1
06-24-2003, 11:34 PM
Good idea. I'll hunt for some.

outback-newbe
06-26-2003, 02:41 PM
find any yet? that would be a nice addition to my 03 Outback. We bought some small containers to put lotions and such in but wet gloves and the newt juice need to be more accesable. Also,...Any suggestions of what to use rather than the pricier newt lotions? I used to use soad but i can't remember why i stoped...

SkiKY
06-26-2003, 04:25 PM
Haven't heard or found anything yet except the large nets for basically storing groceries in trunks and truck beds. I can't believe they are so hard to find.

I don't have a local place to pick up the newt juice so I always just pick up some of the camping soap at Wal-Mart. Its a green liquid soap, comes in a squirt bottle, disappears in water like newt juice and its environmentally friendly.

outback-newbe
07-01-2003, 04:31 PM
Thanks Ski I am picking some up tonight.

Troy
07-03-2003, 10:55 AM
I was at the dealer yesterday and saw a Mobius with storage nets parked outside awaiting service. It had the side storage nets installed, they were grey and matched the carpet perfectly. I marched into the showroom and asked if they were available for an 03 Outback. After a quick lookup the dealer placed ordered them from Skiers Choice. They come in grey or tan MSRP about $75.00 ea. but you may be able to get a better deal than that depending on the dealer.

goose
07-09-2003, 08:34 PM
Hey guys,

If you guys are interested in storage netting check out www.obecoinc.com Not sure about pricing but they have a lot of different size netting and probably have something to fit all needs. Hope that helps.

zabooda
07-12-2003, 01:22 AM
I got a 02 Chevy Blazer that came with a rear hatch netting that would probably work on your storage locker. It's about 3 feet wide by 1 foot deep with loops on each corner to connect to hooks. I'm not sure how many years they have been putting those in Chevys but you might find one cheap in a salvage yard as they all came with them. I took mine out of the Blazer right away since it gets in the way of putting stuff in the back but I now have a use in the boat. Good luck.

SkiKY
07-14-2003, 04:43 PM
The company in the link from Goose is the OEM supplier for the Skiers Choice storage nets. I called the company and was able to get the OEM rear cargo nets for $21 each plus they set me up with something for behind the passenger back rest and some side storage for along the cup holder inset on the port side of the V-drive wraparound interior.

Thanks Matt for the tip, I was ready to go to the junk yard this weekend in search of suitable storage nets!