PDA

View Full Version : Towing with Tonneau and Cokpit covers

h2oskierrick
02-21-2007, 12:42 AM
I recently ordered a Mobious LS, I ordered the tonneau and cockpit covers. Can these be left on when towed? Or do I need to get the transport cover. Our motohome kicks up quite the mess and doesn't matter if it's wet or dry! If the tonneau and cockpit covers can't be on while towed it looks like I need to order the transport cover as well.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Buttafewcoe
02-21-2007, 05:08 AM
Transport cover. The Tonneau and Cockpit covers will be ok for low speed (45 mph) and short distances.
Hope this helps
B

Wolf-
02-22-2007, 04:34 PM
Transport cover. The Tonneau and Cockpit covers will be ok for low speed (45 mph) and short distances.
Hope this helps
B

Yup yup.
With the covers on:
1. tow to get fuel (5 miles, 40mph max)
2. tow from cabin to ramp (.5 miles, 15 max)
3. tow from hotel to ramp (6 miles, 40mph max)

If you insist on towing with the Tonneau, plenty of wax under the edge.
Even on 3-4 in spacing of the snaps, they will flap and burn the gelcoat.

Jon
02-22-2007, 06:36 PM
I always tell people you can if you have to but if not, do not do it. If anything happens it will not be covered under warranty.

Dave A
02-22-2007, 06:55 PM
If you are talking about the snap on covers, I've towed with mine. 75 mph down the interstate. I think if your towing behind a motorhome, that would be even better.

jburnside
03-06-2007, 10:41 PM
I agree with Dave. We have towed our boat with the snap-on covers at highway speeds for extended periods of time and have not had any trouble. By extended periods I mean 4+ hours. I am yet to have a snap even pop loose while towing. I do keep my boat waxed! No marks at all on the gel coat.

Just so you know these covers will not keep everything out of the interior of your boat. It's still gonna get dirty and water in it if it rains. Just my .02