PDA

View Full Version : Kicker 12” Stock Sub Malfunction

hawgtitan
08-11-2019, 09:44 PM
My Kicker subwoofer just quit working out of the blue today. When I got home, I disconnected the cabin speakers from the amp and left only the sub connected. I cranked it wide open and it started working. Almost like it broke loose or something. I turned it off for a minute and then back on and same thing, not working again. Cranked it up again and it worked again. Anyone know what causes this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stazi
08-11-2019, 09:47 PM
Sounds like maybe the amp is the culprit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hawgtitan
08-11-2019, 09:49 PM
After I crank it up and it comes on, it works fine at any volume.

Stazi
08-11-2019, 10:09 PM
The subwoofer should either work or not. Unless it’s seriously corroded. It sounds like the amp is causing the issues. The power regulation circuitry might be having issues which is overcomes when it reaches a certain threshold. @MLA would know best.

MLA
08-12-2019, 07:04 AM
What are you cranking? Master volume or a woofer level? Whats the voltage at the amp, while the system is on? Amps are voltage sensitive.

hawgtitan
08-28-2019, 07:45 AM
What are you cranking? Master volume or a woofer level? Whats the voltage at the amp, while the system is on? Amps are voltage sensitive.

When I crank the master volume all the way up, it's like it unfreezes or something and starts working.

Stazi
08-28-2019, 08:11 AM
It’s got to be a power supply issue.