PDA

View Full Version : Helix Owners

NHBoater
08-07-2019, 12:45 PM
Ready to buy (like next day or two) a new 19' Helix. I'm on a small 450 acre lake in NH so the boat will get used for 3-4 months a year and coming from an older 92' Malibu the surfing is all new to me. From reading the forum here looks like the boat is very capable for beginners and once we get more advanced (and the warranty is over) I can add more items for bigger waves. BIG questions is we still like to Slalom ski once in a while so does anyone with a Helix Ski behind it and if so any pictures an how is it? Not talking tournament here now just recreational but if spending $60k plus want to make sure we can everything we want.
Thanks for any input

jph3
08-07-2019, 01:15 PM
Hey I’ve never slalomed behind it, there’s no ski pylon for it and the wake is pretty big... I’d maybe consider more of a crossover? I’ll see if I can find a pic at speed.

jcredible
08-07-2019, 01:30 PM
Personally I would look towards a Mondo if you are looking to Slalom. It has the Pylon and is more of a crossover boat that surfs with heavier weight. Not saying a Helix won't ski...but a Mondo skis better.

Willyourun
08-07-2019, 02:38 PM
I’ve skied behind mine. It’s certainly doable but not ideal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NHBoater
08-07-2019, 03:13 PM
I’ve skied behind mine. It’s certainly doable but not ideal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK thanks this is what I am looking for. I know it is not ideal but spending another $10-$15k is not either.

mikenehrkorn
08-07-2019, 03:34 PM
Or if you go back a few years you could find an Outback V......my OBV (with extra ballast) surfs pretty darn well and I still ski from time to time and it does that OK as well.

NHBoater
08-07-2019, 03:48 PM
Due to where were located and the extremity short season service is very difficult if you do not buy a boat from a dealer. The used boat market here is crazy and cannot justly the expenses for the used boats with no warranty when another $10k or so gets us a new one with a 5 year.

haknslash
08-07-2019, 04:40 PM
Helix also has a pylon. It pops up on the rear step of its anything like my Max. https://images.app.goo.gl/CdfSsZBcjuMQG6R39