PDA

View Full Version : Wakeboard rack problems

Max673
08-05-2019, 06:12 PM
Anyone having issues with their wakeboard racks staying in place? One of my racks will not stay in the locked position. The swing mechanism that locks will not stay locked.
Had a wakeboard in it this weekend and the rack will not stay locked. Anytime we hit rough water the rack would unlock and start to swing.

Anyone had this issue? Is there any sort of adjustment that can be done to tighten the locking mechanism?

2019 Max with the standard board racks.

2019 Moomba Max

VVILBER
08-06-2019, 01:49 AM
I had the same problem and contacted my dealer. All you have to do is push harder. It feels wrong, like your are almost braking it but you won’t. Mine is now worn in and working great.

ktenan12
08-06-2019, 09:18 PM
Anyone having issues with their wakeboard racks staying in place? One of my racks will not stay in the locked position. The swing mechanism that locks will not stay locked.
Had a wakeboard in it this weekend and the rack will not stay locked. Anytime we hit rough water the rack would unlock and start to swing.

Anyone had this issue? Is there any sort of adjustment that can be done to tighten the locking mechanism?

2019 Max with the standard board racks.

2019 Moomba Max

On either side of the swivel mechanism are rubber stoppers with two Allen screws. Tighten those up a bit if you can. Mine wouldn’t close all the way until I got a few turns on each screw. Working perfect now.

Max673
08-06-2019, 09:20 PM
Thank you, I’ll give that a try.

2019 Moomba Max

clarknick
07-26-2020, 01:13 PM
Both racks on my 18 Max started this at almost the exact same time. “Extra” pressure doesn’t lock them either. It looks almost like they’re no longer swinging out far enough.

jason1973
07-27-2020, 11:36 AM
I am having the same issue. your not alone. Thanks to those who suggested the fix.