PDA

View Full Version : Transom Shower / Table

wazzumoo
02-12-2007, 02:14 AM
Okay, my LSV is on order, but two options I did not see offered at the boat show were a transom shower, and a removable table. I can live without them both, and I'm sure my dealer can hook me up, but are there any good after market products out there? Both seem like affordable and 'do-able' do-it-yourself projects. I saw a prior thread on the shower, but it did not appear to spark a whole lot of conversation. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

qb12
02-12-2007, 10:46 AM
waz,

in regards to the transom shower, i believe (could be wrong and not the 1st time) skier's choice does not offer the factory installed shower due to c02 issues. i have known a few people that had them dealer installed.

on the table i have yet to see any moomba's avail with one.

db

aintskeered
02-12-2007, 01:19 PM
SC dose not put them in because of the co2 issue. I did want one when I orderd my boat so the dealer installed it durring the prep for delivery. I am thinking it was around 350$ I have seen them listed a little cheaper though. And there is a few instal issues I would have done a little diffrent if I was installing it my self. But still a pretty good install, Cold water warm days I am thinking preheating the wet suit and post ride warming the suit back up will be nice. I have not had it out on the water so I cant tell how good it works yet.

wazzumoo
02-12-2007, 09:18 PM
Thanks for the input(s) on the shower. I was not aware of the CO2 issue, but that makes sense given the location of the unit and the fact the engine must be running to generate hot H2O. If there are any tips out there for minimizing the effect, I'd appreciate the info. I would still like to add the unit as budget and schedule allows.

Regarding the table, I saw a boat at the show that had a small removable table that was mounted under the back bench seat. It utilized a curved "L" shaped stand (as opposed to a straight pole) which eliminates the need for drilling holes in the floor and leaving the receptacle there (which I would not like to do). However, I cannot remember the boat, and have been unsuccessful in my searches to find the item. Has anyone seen this type of product?

qb12
02-12-2007, 09:58 PM
wazz, maybe one of the dealers who give input here can help, but i have been in a few of skier's choice awesome boats and have yet to see the table.

what about just getting the heater installed instead of the shower. boy i wish i would have ordered the factory installed heater. next boat a def plus....

db

wazzumoo
02-13-2007, 01:22 AM
Thanks QB-

Good call on the heater. I did scrape juuuust enough money together to include the heater with the boat order. (There were a few moth holes on those dollars however) That being said, I'm still interested in installing a transom shower as well. It seems to be a rather affordable luxury item, particularly if I could do a decent job on the self install.

smokedog2
02-13-2007, 11:07 AM
CO2 check out FAE, Search me and FAE for a pix link

Fresh Air Exhaust

JoeTechie
02-13-2007, 12:52 PM
CO... not CO2

Carbon MONoxide is deadly, carbon DIoxide is what we exhale - not great in large quantities, but not going to kill us like the other one in parts per million.

...just sucks as an abbreviation since most people think "COmpany" or Certificate of Occupancy, or Commanding Officer.

-J

smokedog2
02-13-2007, 01:28 PM
you're just trying to make up for calling yourself old :P

Oh, snow day here. My son and I are taking the practice boating exam. I'm working on getting him certified so he can drive the boat a bit. 75 questions, we're half way.

Kinda fun actually.

SD2