PDA

View Full Version : Question about ordering a boat

Mdavfx4
08-02-2019, 08:09 AM
I am going to look at the Kaiyen soon, and may put in an order some time around January or February. Is it an option to order the boat with no speakers and amps? Or is the only option to order it with the base stereo with no bow speakers, sub, or tower speakers? The reason I ask is I really want to go JL audio. I had all JL in my last boat with the exception of the tower where I had Rev 10's. I liked the Rev 10's, but really preferred my friends boat who had 4 of the JL 8.8's on the tower. Sounded much better in the boat, where the Rev 10's are a bit harsh because they are HLCD. Maybe the best option is to order with wetsounds in boat, and do JL towers aftermarket?

larry_arizona
08-02-2019, 08:52 AM
You should be able to do minimal sound system so you can add what you want aftermarket. JL is sweet for sure.

OR

Get a Supra!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mdavfx4
08-02-2019, 10:03 AM
Ha well I would love a Supra, but don't want to spend that much. Basically I want a Cadillac but want to pay for a Pinto. Just a thought but why doesn't SC offer JL in the Moomba's? I mean Wet Sounds and JL are comparable in price, so it's not like they are using lower cost speakers in the Moombas. If anything the Rev 10 towers are more expensive than the JL tower speakers. Seems like they would get better pricing from JL if purchasing more from them.

larry_arizona
08-02-2019, 11:03 AM
My guess is trying to keep moombas and Supras different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MJHSupra
08-04-2019, 08:39 PM
^^ Yep, same reason they use different vinyls and surf systems, keeping the brands distinct.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk