PDA

View Full Version : Marine Gas

MartyC
06-23-2003, 02:39 PM
I usually try to avoid getting gas at marinas because of the cost but Saturday I had no choice. The marina where I docked to fuel up was advertising an Amoco "marine" gas that it said was better for marine engines. Is this for real or just a way for them to justify charging me $2.05 a gallon?

Lake Bound
06-23-2003, 05:31 PM
I am not sure of the gas but I sure wish the gas at the marina I used was only $2.05, the last time we filled up it was $3.00 a gallon.

Mainemoomba
06-23-2003, 06:34 PM
My accountant told me to keep all receipts for boating- related fuel purchases made at typical gas stations. A portion of the price includes a road tax that is obviously not applicable to boats. I get a small tax break every year because I'm entitled to get that tax back. Just thought I'd pass that on. I'm not sure why you couldn't slip a few truck fill-ups in there....... but that wouldn't be right, would it?

Catdog1
06-23-2003, 07:29 PM
Don't know about the marine gas. Have been trailering to gas stations and using only premium in the boat. I use stations with newer tanks and higher turnover... I keep a 2 spare separating fuel filters on the boat just in case, though.

Yo, maine, same situation exists in VA for state gas tax refund.... but I'm weak at keeping the receipts.

pjtatro
06-24-2003, 08:18 AM
Hey CatDog, where do you usually run. I live in Mechanicsville and mainly go to the Mattaponi. With a few weekends spent at Gaston and Buggs.......

Catdog1
06-24-2003, 11:15 PM
Don't know much about the Mattaponi --- can you recommend a public ramp and location?...

We usually do Buggs Island out of Clarksville (Oconeechee), upper Gaston from Bracey to Route 1, or better yet, we run all the way out 60 and I 64to Moomaw ... 3 1/2 hours uphill but an awesome place.

pjtatro
06-25-2003, 08:35 AM
We put in at Walkerton. It is a public ramp run by the Mattaponi Volunteer Rescue Squad. Take 360 north (toward Tappahannock, then take a rt on route 30. Take a left directly across from the King William Middle School (approx 7 miles from 360/30 intersection). The ramp is on the RT as soon as you cross over the bridge. We will be at Lake Anna state park this weekend for a Wakeboard Tournament sponsored by Glass an Powder Boardshop.