PDA

View Full Version : Prop Selection Question

noswes
02-07-2007, 12:36 AM
I have a 2004 Mobius XLV GG with about 2,500 lbs. of ballast. I am running the standard OJ prop (14x18) and am not happy with it...I have done the math calculations on the hull displacement and weight and came to the conclusion that I should run a OJ-PART #436 - 13.7 X 15 LC 1 1/8" 4-BLADE .110 CUP unit. *but is this too much CUP for this size boat and prop application?* Was just wondering if anyone else is running a similar prop and/or pitch/size comparable to my boat. Another persons advice means more than numbers

drhodes5
02-07-2007, 05:36 PM
I just put the new OJ XMP Edge 14.25x14 with .9 cup on my 06LSV. The guys at OJ swear by this prop. I hope to get it in the water in the next week or two and will let you know. Give the guys at OJ a call, they we very cool in helping me. This prop is wakeboard specific, I would only get it if you primarally run heavy. Hope this helped. Also check out www.skiertoskier.com best prices by far. Got my prop next day.

qb12
02-07-2007, 06:00 PM
I just put the new OJ XMP Edge 14.25x14 with .9 cup on my 06LSV. The guys at OJ swear by this prop. I hope to get it in the water in the next week or two and will let you know. Give the guys at OJ a call, they we very cool in helping me. This prop is wakeboard specific, I would only get it if you primarally run heavy. Hope this helped. Also check out www.skiertoskier.com best prices by far. Got my prop next day.

by all means this is the prop to get. i changed mine our last spring and wow what a difference. much better hole shot and it maintains speed better. only downside is i lost about 3-4 top end.

but who boards at 40mph anyway 8)

db

noswes
02-10-2007, 11:56 AM
Thanks guys I appricate the feed back. I think I am going to try this prop out. Seems that it is basically the same prop you all are running because of its cup. This prop is suppose to be a little better than the 14.25 X 14 cause I do tow tubers every now and then.

steffano
02-13-2007, 03:32 PM
I also have a prop question. I hope you don't mind, noswes if I use your thread rather than starting a new one.

I'm thinking about ordering a Mobius LSV. The configurator lists "CNS Upgrade" as standard and "CNS Wakeboard prop upgrade" as a $95 option.

I plan to use the boat mainly for wakesurfing/wakeboarding/wakeskating and will have the factory Gravity III ballast. We may do some tubing and waterskiing also.

Is the wakeboard prop upgrade a good idea?

qb12
02-13-2007, 04:11 PM
yes, do it know because if you don't you will be paying for it later.

drhodes5
02-13-2007, 08:22 PM
Definatly get the upgrade..