PDA

View Full Version : Traler Valet

execoll
07-19-2019, 08:44 AM
Has anyone used one of these things, https://trailervalet.com/?

I have a Craze that is pulled by a Crew Cab Silverado with an extended bed, (Yea I look like a train coming down the road). My slip is at 90degree angle from the access road, when in the slip my trailer tires on each of the lines marking my spot. There are ginormous pontoon boats on either side of my spot and when I manage to get in I have to walk sideways to get between the boats (yea spots are to small). This all is compounded by only having about 1 1/2 lanes of a normal sized neighborhood road to work with; when the boat is all the way in the slip the front of the truck is maybe 15 feet from the boat trailers in front on me. It's doable but takes a solid 30 minutes of wiggle and stress and I'm just looking for something easier.

I saw a post similar a while back but never saw any followup.

Thanks

parrothd
07-19-2019, 09:40 AM

I have a Craze that is pulled by a Crew Cab Silverado with an extended bed, (Yea I look like a train coming down the road). My slip is at 90degree angle from the access road, when in the slip my trailer tires on each of the lines marking my spot. There are ginormous pontoon boats on either side of my spot and when I manage to get in I have to walk sideways to get between the boats (yea spots are to small). This all is compounded by only having about 1 1/2 lanes of a normal sized neighborhood road to work with; when the boat is all the way in the slip the front of the truck is maybe 15 feet from the boat trailers in front on me. It's doable but takes a solid 30 minutes of wiggle and stress and I'm just looking for something easier.

Thanks

I built one, they're not fast but makes it easy for small spaces, you'll have to store it somewhere and charge it.

JHCMondo
07-21-2019, 11:59 PM
I have a Mondo and use the trailer valet to turn my Mondo about 110 degrees into its spot on my driveway.

It takes a bit of effort but the Trailer valet does work.

I would recommend either the XL and power it with a high torque drill Or better yet get the XL Pro with their drill setup.

The 5x is too small and won't be strong enough for the Craz.

Thanks

execoll
07-24-2019, 03:21 PM
Thanks that is kind of what I was thinking. The price difference in the 5x vs the XL is enough for me to swallow but the 2K plus for the pro seems a little high for what it is.

I was also looking at the Trax system but again the 2K price point seems high.

Anyway thanks again for the insight.

JHCMondo
07-24-2019, 08:21 PM
One word of caution if you don't go with the pro.

Make sure the brakes are off before you squeeze the trigger on the drill. Also squeeze it only a little bit at a time. The high torque drill almost broke my wrist a few times. With the pro the steel frame takes the punishment.

I use a Milwaukee m12 hammer drill with 1200 inch pounds of torque.

https://parkit360.ca/

This is another option but Ive never used one.

Thanks that is kind of what I was thinking. The price difference in the 5x vs the XL is enough for me to swallow but the 2K plus for the pro seems a little high for what it is.

I was also looking at the Trax system but again the 2K price point seems high.

Anyway thanks again for the insight.