PDA

View Full Version : Makai height

Isaguel
07-18-2019, 07:05 PM
Can anyone tell me if the Makai would fit under a standard 8 ft. garage door with the tower folded down? The door is 9 ft wide, actually almost exactly 107 inches wide. What width do you have with the trailer guide posts. I'd feel comfortable having at least 2 inch clearance on each side.
My Mojo does not fit under my door. Mainly because of tower design, I have the S tower. I'm wondering if the different tower design of Makai may allow for better clearance. A buddy told me his 2015 Supra fit under 8ft door.:confused: And as I understand it, the Makai tower is what Supra used before.

Any other thoughts from owners under same circumstances.?
Looking at upgrading next year and have been looking around, and so far Makai seems like the best value. I am happy with SC and Moomba and after looking at other options, Moomba is still by far the best deal, and Makai, for the size and features is an excellent value.

dakota4ce
07-18-2019, 07:06 PM
With the tower folded as far as it can be mine barely sneaks under a 9 foot door—

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

larry_arizona
07-18-2019, 07:15 PM
New Supras fit an 8 foot door with the board racks off. I don’t think the moombas do.

Isaguel
07-18-2019, 07:16 PM
With the tower folded as far as it can be mine barely sneaks under a 9 foot door—

Ugh, shucks. Thanks for the info.

AB_Makai
06-22-2021, 12:33 PM
Anyone with a Makai can post what is the lenght of the boat on trailer with tongue folded and including swim platform.
Also, height with tower folded.

Thank you!

HFarr
06-22-2021, 01:29 PM
I think this post is a couple of years old. 2019

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk