PDA

View Full Version : Supra bilge port deflector??

larry_arizona
07-16-2019, 12:41 PM
Was pulling boat out at the launch and I always dock to the left side of dock (starboard of boat next to dock).

As I pulled the boat out, the auto bilge kicked on and shot 6-8 feet out soaking a guy holding his boat on the other side of dock, whoooops.

Do they make a deflector to direct water down.

He was a good sport about it as I apologized profusely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prospersigman
07-16-2019, 01:13 PM
Your boat took a leak on him...he was probably in a 23 LSV or G23:cool:

larry_arizona
07-16-2019, 01:18 PM
Marking its territory.....but the boat is a she so maybe golden shower?

Aluminum fishing boat.

zabooda
07-16-2019, 03:28 PM
Too funny. Turn your bilge on manually before you come in. The auto switch is set higher.

trayson
07-16-2019, 03:47 PM
the inside of the bilge thru hull is threaded if I remember correctly. You might be able to find a right angle plumbing fitting that allows you to angle it down. But then again, you'll have a piece of plastic sticking out the side of your boat that's likely to get caught up on something at some point. I'm sure that you could figure out a way to fab something up.

you could certainly replace the thru hull with something like this:
https://www.replacementboatparts.com/clamtopstainlesssteelscupper.aspx?gclid=CjwKCAjw67 XpBRBqEiwA5RCocYZ2eWzZo0V4rw9Xm0Dpc-I2QgLgWsr466Y26lNrnUCCf-nbdaQ0KBoCAFUQAvD_BwE

https://www.replacementboatparts.com/images/products/detail/56554jpg.1.jpg

Prospersigman
07-16-2019, 03:59 PM
Make these stick out a little further and you could use them like curb feelers ;)

larry_arizona
07-16-2019, 07:33 PM
Wouldn’t it make more sense to put bilge discharge on the port side?

zabooda
07-16-2019, 08:27 PM
So the driver can see it. Ski boat days the bilge stayed dry. If you saw water coming out, it meant your packing needed adjustment or replaced. Occasionally, when you took a good wave it would turn on also. If it stayed on too long, it was time to go home.

larry_arizona
07-16-2019, 08:53 PM
So the driver can see it. Ski boat days the bilge stayed dry. If you saw water coming out, it meant your packing needed adjustment or replaced. Occasionally, when you took a good wave it would turn on also. If it stayed on too long, it was time to go home.

Yes, that makes sense..

sandm
07-16-2019, 09:26 PM
I watched a guys boat peeing on a car one day coming back from the lake. don't remember the brand but it was on a downhill stoplight and must have had a lot of water in the bilge. it put out a good stream soaking the car next to him. a good laugh for the weekend :)