PDA

View Full Version : Software Updates Supra

Ryann
07-10-2019, 10:34 AM
Does anyone know how owners are notified of software updates to the vision touch system?

I see the software update screen and the USB port for it. I’m guessing an owner can do it themselves.

MJHSupra
07-10-2019, 04:36 PM
Dealers can do it.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Prospersigman
07-10-2019, 05:32 PM
I know for a fact from my buddy's 2019 SL450 that there are still some software glitches going on with the 2019s. The screen on the right will shutdown and restart multiple times during the day with an Iphone X plugged into the USB cord on the dash. It shuts down, does the start up again where you have to acknowledge the risk and you have to go in and select the music source and start your playlist over. If you unplug your phone and Bluethooth it you never have this issue.

It also has a weird minimum depth warning that pops up reading over 140 million feet deep, but it is a minimum depth warning.

Hopefully there are some firmware updates coming that will address some of these type of issues.

Ryann
07-10-2019, 05:41 PM
Is there a place where you can lookup the current software version # so you can check if yours is most up to date? I could be missing out on updates.

I don’t trailer my boat 4 hours to change the oil when I’m perfectly capable. I may never know if I’m out of date if the dealer isn’t touching it very often.

larry_arizona
07-10-2019, 05:47 PM
Is there a place where you can lookup the current software version # so you can check if yours is most up to date? I could be missing out on updates.

I don’t trailer my boat 4 hours to change the oil when I’m perfectly capable. I may never know if I’m out of date if the dealer isn’t touching it very often.

Yes, it should be listed on your diagnostic screens, then simply call dealer and they can tell you if there is something newer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MJHSupra
07-10-2019, 06:35 PM
I know for a fact from my buddy's 2019 SL450 that there are still some software glitches going on with the 2019s. The screen on the right will shutdown and restart multiple times during the day with an Iphone X plugged into the USB cord on the dash. It shuts down, does the start up again where you have to acknowledge the risk and you have to go in and select the music source and start your playlist over. If you unplug your phone and Bluethooth it you never have this issue.

It also has a weird minimum depth warning that pops up reading over 140 million feet deep, but it is a minimum depth warning.

Hopefully there are some firmware updates coming that will address some of these type of issues.

Yikes. I heard about the popping sound from the speakers at startup. Or was that the 18s? I know some SA people were talking about it.

Otherwise, the multiple alternator swaps some people have on the 2019 SL.

Prospersigman
07-11-2019, 08:48 AM
It't not was, it still is the 18's that have the popping sound on startup. I have a 18 SL550 and this has never been addressed by Skiers Choice.

larry_arizona
07-11-2019, 09:16 AM
I “fixed” the popping on my 18 by turning the volume to zero upon start up.

Prospersigman
07-11-2019, 10:48 AM
Turn stereo volume to zero upon startup
Lower drivers seat all the way down
Rotate driver's seat approximately 5 degrees before lowering tower

Lets talk about the 2nd camera located on the underneath of the tower. Can't see shit out of it when the bimini is closed...nothing but the bimini cover. When the bimini is open you still see half bimini/half of the water, rider and back of boat.

They changed the location of the upper camera on the 2019s and I think they should warranty the swap to the new camera location on the 2018s.

Really these type of things should not exist on a $168k msrp boat!!!

Ryann
07-11-2019, 11:38 AM
There’s some thread drift here but I did get my questions answered. Thanks you all.

As far as Skiers Choice, they produce a fantastic product. It’s not perfect but they are always improving. The number of huge and very small upgrades from my 18 to 19 SL was impressive. A lot of the improvements on the 2019 were unknown to me before using the product. It’ll never be perfect unless they stop advancing features and technology. I’ll take the incredible product and a few quirks with it.

MJHSupra
07-11-2019, 11:57 AM
There’s some thread drift here but I did get my questions answered. Thanks you all.

As far as Skiers Choice, they produce a fantastic product. It’s not perfect but they are always improving. The number of huge and very small upgrades from my 18 to 19 SL was impressive. A lot of the improvements on the 2019 were unknown to me before using the product. It’ll never be perfect unless they stop advancing features and technology. I’ll take the incredible product and a few quirks with it.

Did you sell your 18 SL - red/black?

KnoxMojo
07-11-2019, 03:23 PM
Turn stereo volume to zero upon startup
Lower drivers seat all the way down
Rotate driver's seat approximately 5 degrees before lowering tower

Lets talk about the 2nd camera located on the underneath of the tower. Can't see shit out of it when the bimini is closed...nothing but the bimini cover. When the bimini is open you still see half bimini/half of the water, rider and back of boat.

They changed the location of the upper camera on the 2019s and I think they should warranty the swap to the new camera location on the 2018s.

Really these type of things should not exist on a $168k msrp boat!!!

I tried to get the new mount from PTM for the camera, they want to only sell me the whole system, camera and all for around $650.. ugh.

larry_arizona
07-11-2019, 03:45 PM
I tried to get the new mount from PTM for the camera, they want to only sell me the whole system, camera and all for around $650.. ugh.

My dealer pointed out that the tower cam was obstructed and suggested against ordering it.

Is the camera mount anything like the mirror mounts? You can buy mirror mount extensions.

I would think a mom and pop machine shop could whip up something for a couple hundred bucks.

KnoxMojo
07-11-2019, 03:53 PM
Larry, the 19s drop down a couple inches.. in the end, I don't use it enough anyway, I can see everything from the bottom cam and huge 180 Cipa mirror

Prospersigman
07-11-2019, 04:03 PM
I would use it all the time when pulling up a surfer if it worked!! That way I could see over the people sitting up on the rear cushions...my crew likes to sit back there and get a good view of the surf action and I cant see through them to see the surfer. The grab handle camera many times is blocked by their legs or has so that option is out.

The upper camera seems like a last minute add on that they were up against it on the production and didnt have a chance to change the design before the orders were already needing to be filled. There is no way they tested the camera and didnt know that the view was obstructed.

KnoxMojo
07-11-2019, 04:16 PM
We can't ride on our transom while under way, so the grab bar works perfect for us.. the tower cam is good with the bimini deployed

larry_arizona
07-11-2019, 05:13 PM
We can't ride on our transom while under way, so the grab bar works perfect for us.. the tower cam is good with the bimini deployed

It’s illegal here too to ride on the sun deck and transom, also utilize the grab bar camera and massive PTM mirror.

zabooda
07-11-2019, 07:24 PM
I went down to Oregon last month with a dive crew to locate 2 missing boaters who were riding on the swim deck of a Wakesetter and disappeared into the water. Where we located them indicated they were about 30 seconds from being on shore. Avoid areas where exhaust fumes exist. We get a lot drownings each year and each one is unique but the avoidable ones are frustrating.
Sorry for hijacking the thread.

https://www.eastoregonian.com/news/local/searchers-recover-pair-missing-in-columbia-river/article_9c5da31c-9106-11e9-9c66-2be58c3f6807.html