PDA

View Full Version : bow filler cushion for Outback

pickle311
02-04-2007, 03:13 PM
I just saw some pics that someone posted of their Outback and it had the bow filler cushion. I had no idea this was availeable. Does anyone else have this in their Outback and do you like it? Also, how much would it cost to order one?
Thanks
Shane

wazzumoo
02-04-2007, 05:56 PM
I do not have one, but per the boat builder page, a new one costs $195. I'm sure your local dealer could hook you up.

pickle311
02-04-2007, 06:51 PM
I didn't even think about the boat builder, thanks

any idea what the jump seat is? I have a feeling that it's the part that stands up into a seat on the bow filler cushion.

canuckskier
02-05-2007, 07:06 PM
I have the bow filler cushion, and like it. It seems it would be an easy thing to order after purchase. It gives you great space up front to lie down and relax. It makes the bow much more comfortable to hang out in when you're at anchor (ah, just thinking about sunny days)

As for the jumpseat, I have that as well, and i think it is great. It can be moved wherever you desire. It spends most of it's time either in the walkthrough to the bow, or behind the driver's seat facing aft. It really is a functional seat (for my purposes) Plus, if you don't need it just throw it on the dock and leave it behind for someone to watch the action from there.

TimGT3
02-06-2007, 02:10 PM
I got the filler cushion tossed into my deal and while it is a neat feature, I find that it gets in the way more so than it is useful. I have the snap on bow cover which uses the pole in the center and as long as the cushion is in place, the pole has nowhere to go. It's a constant battle with putting the cushion in, taking it out, and storing it somewhere. However, when in place, the bow becomes a much more comfortable place. If you don't anticipate a lot of bow use, skip it; if you're going to be doing a lot of hanging out up front there, the go for it. The cushion fits in very tightly, so it's rather annoying to put it in and take it out, so I rarely put it in.

Hope that helps.

pickle311
02-06-2007, 05:50 PM
cool, thanks. I called my dealer and they quoted me $280 and it takes 6 to 8 weeks for Skiers Choice to make it. We do use the bow a lot and I think it would be a good addition to the boat, plus my wife wants it. I'll be ordering it in a few minutes.

pickle311
02-19-2007, 09:20 PM
ok, I got the cushion in today and it came with 2 strips of plastic that are about 2 inches wide x 3 feet long and 3/4" thick. They are loose and not attached to anything. Any idea what these are for? Can someone plese get me a picture of the bottom of their bow filler cushion so I can see where these go?

Thanks
Shane

cptmoomba
02-19-2007, 10:30 PM
Those two pieces are pretty much sliders that run on the fiberglass edge inside each of your outer cushions. They are in plain sight when you don't have cushion in place.

Mine was installed from the factory, but I would think without those strips, the filler would sit below the rest of the cushions. I will try and get pictures for you tomorrow.

JesseC
02-19-2007, 10:34 PM
Exactly, those are the supports for your bow filler cushion to "sit" on. Here are some pics. Let me know if you need anything else. The boat is in my basement.

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q21/StarkRaven/fillersuipport003.jpg
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q21/StarkRaven/fillersuipport002.jpg
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q21/StarkRaven/fillersuipport001.jpg

pickle311
02-20-2007, 12:49 AM
that is perfect, I really appreciate it
Do the screws just go into the fiberglass, or is there some additional support on the back side?

Thanks
Shane