PDA

View Full Version : Surf Plate

jared24
07-06-2019, 11:56 PM
Anyone had any issues with the surf plates not switching correctly? I couldn't figure out why my goofy wave was so washed out. Turns out the plate wasn't deploying completely. Only solution I've found is to turn the battery switch off and back on. Boom, goofy wave appears again. It's done this now 3 times. Any ideas what could cause this or things I need to check?

jared24
07-07-2019, 08:05 AM
Could be wrong but I think they default to the last setting if you change them manually.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Correct, but when I hit the switch to change from regular to goofy, either the port side plate isn't rising or the starboard plate isn't deploying as it should. On the display screen it changes correctly, but you can tell by the wave that's its not. Once again, when I kill the battery and start over. It works fine for awhile and I have a great wave on either side...

2018MojoPro
07-09-2019, 12:06 AM
My Mojo Pro does the same. Sometimes my goofy is completely washed, like impossible to surf. I can switch surf to port, wait a few second, then switch back and most of the time it works. Switching too fast sometimes wont work either. Not sure what it is, ut its something with the surf tabs. the first couple times I pulled the boat out of the water and watched the plates.

parrothd
07-09-2019, 12:18 AM
My Mojo Pro does the same. Sometimes my goofy is completely washed, like impossible to surf. I can switch surf to port, wait a few second, then switch back and most of the time it works. Switching too fast sometimes wont work either. Not sure what it is, ut its something with the surf tabs. the first couple times I pulled the boat out of the water and watched the plates.

Did you update the firmware? There was a bug that the plate didn't deploy sometimes.

Saclsick6
07-09-2019, 06:42 PM
I have a similar issue with my 19. Dealer rolled firmware back recently to see if it corrected. While it appears to have corrected loss of control over the surf plates, I think the system is now ignoring/isn’t aware of the ballast bag pressure sensors.
My dealer has assured me that SC is working on my particular issue.
I had a firmware date of 9/2018 originally & currently loaded firmware date of 7/2018.

parrothd
07-09-2019, 08:49 PM
I have a similar issue with my 19. Dealer rolled firmware back recently to see if it corrected. While it appears to have corrected loss of control over the surf plates, I think the system is now ignoring/isn’t aware of the ballast bag pressure sensors.
My dealer has assured me that SC is working on my particular issue.
I had a firmware date of 9/2018 originally & currently loaded firmware date of 7/2018.

Think you may have a different screen than us Craz people? I've been using the lastest from Matt, 02/2019..

Moomba_MY20_HV480_2810533_20190213.gciBin

Isaguel
07-10-2019, 12:23 AM
Thought I would share my experience. Same thing here. After calling SC they explained to me that if the surf tab toggle switch is pushed to one side when you turn on the ignition, it causes error when running the initial diagnostics. Do this, start up the engine, make sure the surf tab toggle is in the middle position. You will see all the gauges for temp, trim tab and speedometer will cycle up and down and then they stop. The ECU is running quick diagnostics during this short period, just a few secs. If the surf tab toggle is switched to one side during this cycle it will cause errors. In my case it would cause the trim plate to be stuck in the down position and kill my wave.
Just turn off ignition. Make sure toggle is in center, restart and allow it to cycle before messing with anything.

parrothd
07-10-2019, 09:49 AM
Thought I would share my experience. Same thing here. After calling SC they explained to me that if the surf tab toggle switch is pushed to one side when you turn on the ignition, it causes error when running the initial diagnostics. Do this, start up the engine, make sure the surf tab toggle is in the middle position. You will see all the gauges for temp, trim tab and speedometer will cycle up and down and then they stop. The ECU is running quick diagnostics during this short period, just a few secs. If the surf tab toggle is switched to one side during this cycle it will cause errors. In my case it would cause the trim plate to be stuck in the down position and kill my wave.
Just turn off ignition. Make sure toggle is in center, restart and allow it to cycle before messing with anything.

I'm pretty sure this was resolved with the new firmware, have you upgraded the firmware?

Isaguel
07-10-2019, 06:44 PM
I'm pretty sure this was resolved with the new firmware, have you upgraded the firmware?

No. Did'nt know there was a firmware fix for this, or that this is even a firmware problem. This is by design. It has not been a problem for me. I just do the above. Whenever I turn the ignition I just wait 5 secs for the ECU to cycle before flipping the surf tab toggle. When I bring my boat for winterization this fall, I'll ask my dealer to do any firmware updates.

jared24
07-12-2019, 12:08 PM
Think you may have a different screen than us Craz people? I've been using the lastest from Matt, 02/2019..

Updated mine this week with the latest 02/2019 version. Hoping to lake test this weekend. Parrothd, does your Craz have autowake? If not, any luck with this new firmware giving you autolaunch for takeoff? Matt was thinking it might...

jbird
07-12-2019, 12:21 PM

Can I get a link to that, the posted link isn't working?

parrothd
07-12-2019, 12:34 PM
Updated mine this week with the latest 02/2019 version. Hoping to lake test this weekend. Parrothd, does your Craz have autowake? If not, any luck with this new firmware giving you autolaunch for takeoff? Matt was thinking it might...

I have autowake, just used the auto launch the other day, seemed to work well but only had 50% ballast.

parrothd
07-12-2019, 12:36 PM
Can I get a link to that, the posted link isn't working?

I'd share it but sounds like there's different versions based on which boat you have, best to email Matt and as. I only know that on works on the craz.

Saclsick6
07-17-2019, 09:51 PM
Did you notice any significant changes with the firmware update? Did the update correct any issues?

I’m just curious

Thanks