PDA

View Full Version : Thermostat

drhodes5
02-04-2007, 09:10 AM
Where is the thermostat located on a 2006 LSV?

drhodes5
02-06-2007, 07:09 PM
O.K. Either my question was so obvious that no one would answer me, or this is a part that never gets messed with. Just in case anyone is interested, the tstat is located in the tstat housing which is over the water pump on the rear of the engine. It has four hoses connected to it, two big and two small. I have not removed it yet, but I think you have to remove all four hoses then the three bolts that hold the housing.

JesseC
02-06-2007, 11:16 PM
I was planning on replacing mine this spring. Have you purchased a new thermostat and gasket or is there even a gasket?

drhodes5
02-06-2007, 11:23 PM
No. There is actually nothing wrong with my tstat. I was doing research on winterization and someone said to remove tstat before running antifreeze through system. I just replaced my heater coil, and never want to do that again. In case you have a heater, just pulling the two hoses off will not get the water out of the coil.

csumerall
03-10-2007, 01:27 AM
most chev engine thermostats come with a gasket whether you actually need them or not

bobwells
03-10-2007, 06:36 AM
thermostat on rear of engine? thats new to me..

seanpatsdad
03-10-2007, 08:10 AM
Probably a "V" drive.Back of boat,front of motor.Go easy on the Nube.
John

bobwells
03-10-2007, 09:05 AM
oops... :wink:

Buttafewcoe
03-10-2007, 09:33 AM
Hey, if you don't know, it doesn't hurt to ask, right?
B

bobwells
03-10-2007, 10:00 AM
way to learn & gain knowledge

pvlad
07-15-2009, 11:43 PM
The thermostat is located at the back of the engine. To remove it you will need to disconnect the 4 hoses connected to it and then unscrew only 2 of the symmetric bolts. Then after you pull the housings out you the third bolt out. The housing is made out of 2 pieces and there is a gasket between them with a triangular shape. There is another gasket between the housing and the engine. The thermostat is 160 degree. If you can not find the triangular gasket you can make one from gasket material sold at any auto parts store. When disassembled make sure you scrape off all old gasket material. You can use a regular razor blade. Do not use sand paper. When assembling make sure you don't over tight the bolts. Once in place run the engine and wait until it heats up above 160 degree for the thermostat to open.
Good luck to everyone. Let me know if you have a questions on this. Simple procedure that will take you about 20 min.
Peter V.