PDA

View Full Version : Weight scale hitch

Edo88
06-29-2019, 10:53 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190630/edd27eadcc96ce95e980a47c89c51637.jpg

Saw this today, not sure if it’s been around a awhile or not but pretty cool set up for tongue weight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Broke Pilot
06-30-2019, 12:58 PM
Yea they’ve been around for a while. It’s a cool idea but they don’t work well for very long. The internals get gummed up, they’re temperature sensitive. My sister was given one a few years ago by a sponsor when she was long hauling horses.
It would read different in different parts of the country. Lol
Arizona it’s read high as the metal expands and lower when it wasn’t as hot out

sandm
06-30-2019, 03:48 PM
that's a lot of scratch for something you can go figure out at a scale for under $40. unless you are constantly adding/removing stuffs from your boat that have significant weight to it, really won't change much. weight it once, add a hundred lbs in lead while it's on the scale so you know what will change and go from there :)

Prospersigman
07-01-2019, 08:31 AM
Love my Weigh Safe!! Haven't noticed it weighing differently depending on weather, but I only tow from TX to OK.

I like the ability to flip the portion with the ball on it around and it tucks up under the bumper so it doesn't stick straight out when I am not towing something, but yet the receiver portion still sticks out past the bumper so it protects the bumper a little.