PDA

View Full Version : Grab rail on the swim platform.

JesseC
02-03-2007, 08:43 PM
I went to the boat show today to look at all the new wake items and new boat options for the upcoming year. One thing I really like on the Supra was the grab rail that went around the swim platform!!! I really want one. Has anyone purchased one and put it on their Moomba? It appears to be the same swim platform they have always used.

On a side not, I was dissapointed with the Moomba spread at the boat show. There was no outback V and no XLV at the show. I was really looking foraward to seeing the XLV. I heard three different people ask about the OUtbck V and they just said, "we didn't bring one." Oh well, seeing the 8.1 liter Supra was worth the 9 bucks!! That boat is amazing!!!

smokedog2
02-04-2007, 12:39 AM
you can get it. I looked at it but did not get it. I have dogs on the boat ans worried about thier legs getting in the gaps.

SD2

BensonWdby
02-04-2007, 12:43 AM
I have not seen the grab rails, but from the sound of things it would make getting in the boat a little easier, maybe.

But for anyone that likes to stand on the platform with their ski/board on, or sit on the platofrm to put the ski one I am haveing a hard time imagining that it would be a good idea.

Any pictures out there of this feature?

Dave

qb12
02-04-2007, 10:42 AM
i switched from a outback to a supra over a year ago.

i really like the grab rail but i can see how toes could get caught in between the bar and platform itself. to date no one in my crew (family) has had any problems.

i know it can be added because last year i was looking at some boats on boattraderonline.com and grandpa's boat sales added one to a 06 lsv.

JesseC
02-04-2007, 01:21 PM
qb12 could you post a picture of the grab rail for us?

SD2 did you happen to get a price on it?

Buttafewcoe
02-04-2007, 02:08 PM
I think it'd increase the 'bling' factor. Certainly like to see it 2
B

pickle311
02-04-2007, 03:00 PM
I've looked at them as well. They do look good, but don't seem very functional to me. The platform only sits about an inch or two above the water on my boat, and then the ballast are full it's about 4 inches under water.

BLKOUTLS
02-05-2007, 12:55 AM
Put a grabrail on my 02 outbackls in 02. so far 1 dog leg my 1 husky tried to clear the swim platform from inside the boat, pulled her out and she went for her swin no problem. My teenage daughters last year thought it was a good place to share sisterly magic 1 foot caught no injuries ah girls. It really does help in and out of the water after a set
of boarding or skiing ,It also helps us old guys. And it is bling.

qb12
02-05-2007, 01:12 PM
i have a decent photo of the platform from behind the boat while in the water but can't get pic to post.

rbc_racing
02-05-2007, 10:28 PM
I've got the rail for my boat, I never put it on. I live in atlanta, and I have a mobius LS, I'll sell it to you if you want one. I think it would be easier to just pick up sometime rather than ship if your coming over this way.

Buttafewcoe
02-06-2007, 07:15 AM
How much?
B

JesseC
02-06-2007, 03:34 PM
rbc_racing I would be interested in the rail. How much??

JesseC
02-06-2007, 11:02 PM
qb12 send me the photo at [email protected] and I will post it.

rbc_racing
02-10-2007, 07:42 PM
I've got to call atlanta marine monday morning and order a new steering cable and a cpl of other small things, so I will see what they cost new and I'll make you a deal on it. I would rather sell it to you at a fair price than just throw a price at you and maybe be to high or something.

rbc_racing
02-12-2007, 10:02 PM
I forgot to ask them today when I ordered my stuff but if you want it and your coming to ATL, I'll let you have it for 75.00. I have a friend coming to visit from birmingham in march I could see if they can take it back for you if that would be easier

redmobius
02-12-2007, 11:12 PM
rbc,

I live just outside of Atlanta on lake lanier. I am interested in the grab rail as well. If JesseC doesn't take it I would like to take a look at it.

dj

JesseC
02-12-2007, 11:57 PM
I have little dogs with little legs and I am concerned they may get stuck in it. So by all means if redmobius or anyone else is interested, please feel free to take rbc_racing up on his offer. Thank your for letting me have first choice. You guys are awesome.

By the way, a picture of the grab rail was on the thrid page of the latest water ski magazine. It is visible on the Supra from an aerial shot.

smokedog2
02-13-2007, 11:11 AM
yea I had a two year old bird dog chase a cripple across a cattle guard. She went down yelping and I thought she was broken for sure. (she was fine)

I don't hunt close to cattle guards anymore - then again I don't think the dog does either.
:wink:

Not worth the risk.