PDA

View Full Version : Price check for a new guy

Forrest Gump
01-30-2007, 08:22 PM
Hello all,

This is the first post I've written on here. Thank you up front for all of the helpful information you have already provided me in my search for the right Moomba.

I've decided that the Moomba Outback LSV is the boat for me, now I'm out to find the best deal.

The first dealer I have been to had this to offer:

'07 Outback LSV
Stereo
Water Strainer
Logo Cover
Appearance Package
Hyd. Wakeplate

Total: $34,120 (before taxes & licensing)

His offer includes the boat show incentives and a cash discount on his end.

What do you think? Is this good, bad, average?

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated!

Jon
01-30-2007, 08:38 PM
Looks like a fair price to me.

wazzumoo
01-30-2007, 11:19 PM
No tower? My 2 cents - Go for the Mobius LSV. For same price as the tower, you get a center bag too. Same hull.

JoeTechie
01-31-2007, 01:20 AM
Why does he need a tower ?

I dont wakeboard, (There are still LOTS of us that don't). The few friends I have that do are more than happy being pulled from a world class boat, but from the pylon. They can still get air over the wakes.

I LOVE my Outback LSV. Why do I need to pay $2500 more for a big thing I won't use and just gets in the way ?

MANY of the people now seeing that the V-Drive boats are just as roomy as I/O runabouts and are MUCH better boats and are MUCH better to drive, don't need towers. They have more than enough fun tubing, skiing, kneeboarding, etc... maybe even pulling the occational wakeboarder. Barefooters don't need towers. Wakesurfers don't need towers - that is the fastest growing new watersport!

my $0.02

-Joe

p.s. - Gump - Price looks good to me as well.

zabooda
01-31-2007, 04:31 AM
My 98 Mobius has a tower and I very seldom wake board but I do use the boat to attach my front bumpers, to attach my front dock ropes, to hang wet towels, to hold my beach blasters (tower speakers), to hold my tubes (see my avitar picture), to hold onto at the dock, to hold my bimini top, to hold my water skis and other peoples wakeboards, attachment for others to wakeboard from, attachment for me to boogie board from... so other than that yea it's something that gets in the way. I don't have all the bells and whistles like some others with mirrors and lights. You want something that gets in the way get yourself the bimini top...ouch. No I wouldn't get rid of my "attic" especially when I know the tower maintains its value and you get it back when you resell.

Buttafewcoe
01-31-2007, 06:43 AM
Agreed.......holds the bimini, keeps yer boards out of the way, and helps resale value.
B

smokedog2
01-31-2007, 08:28 AM
It's called a roll bar

newbies :roll:

Buttafewcoe
01-31-2007, 09:33 AM
roll CAGE, tyvm
:D
B

JoeTechie
01-31-2007, 01:26 PM
Your tower bimini's cost twice what mine did and it covers much less of your boat. You plan on getting that $ back ? I'm betting not. The "resale value" does not change, but the resale ability does. More people want towers, so I will have a harder time selling mine, but since I saved close to $3000 vs yours after the bimini's , racks, etc. I will have a lower cost than yours and THAT attracts people more than a tower to my ad. I'm betting on selling to a HUGE new market of previous I/O users that do not need one. I think I'm pretty safe since they number in the hundred thousands.

Enjoy the $2000 towel rack !

:lol:

-Joe

Dave A
01-31-2007, 04:42 PM
Tower also works great as a grab bar for older people entering and exiting the boat. Plus where else would you put your tower speakers? :D

Roachman
02-01-2007, 04:33 PM
yep there is no reason to have a v-drive without a tower.

Forrest Gump
02-01-2007, 08:40 PM
Thank you everyone for the lively input. Despite your encouragement, at this point I am still not inclined to go with the tower.

I know you have all listed some benefits of the tower, but I just don't think it would be worth the extra expense for my family (yes, I know the expense isn't that much).

Despite me not going with the tower, what did everyone think of the options I will be putting into it and the price that the dealer offered me? Have I missed anything?

Also, now I have to pick the color. If anyone has any ideas, let me know!

Buttafewcoe
02-02-2007, 06:15 AM
Well Forrest, life's like a box of chocolates....................
:P
B

smokedog2
02-02-2007, 09:21 AM
Butta,

yea I was not sure if I should say black shows water spots or "get black"

but really - red boats are the fastest!

SD2

JoeTechie
02-02-2007, 01:30 PM
Forrest - the only thing you may have missed is Perfect Pass.

This is about to start yet another long thread on the devices woderful capabilities vs it's price. Your boat will come with basic Cruise control, but that is not the same as PP. I is a large expense - $1100, so you will need to think about it, and read what I'm sure will extend this thread to 4 pages.

Pretty much everyone here agrees that is it the best way to go. But paying for it .. that is another story. It really depends on what you are doing with the boat. Recreational skiing, wakesurfing, tubing, etc, the cruise will do fine. Any level beyond that, and you will want the PP.

Otherwise - good price - go buy it and enjoy the wait for arrival and spring!

-Joe (the other "outback LSV" guy)

;)

Forrest Gump
02-04-2007, 01:25 AM
Looks like this didn't cause quite the stir that you thought it would Joe.

People must be in absolute agreement with you.

:o

zabooda
02-04-2007, 02:16 AM
I am sure there may be people with differing opinion. In the past, some of these threads start getting where people start getting personal digs in and before you know it you have pages of people rambling on with no value added. It's a lose/lose situation for everyone involved and the web site.