PDA

View Full Version : Mirror Arms

cab13367
01-28-2007, 04:29 AM
Hi all,

I just bought a 2006 LSV and would like to buy a mirror arm for it. Last time I bought one for a previous boat, the mirror arm clamp did not come with a sleeve so it scratched the tower up pretty badly when I installed it. And of course, I did not get it right the first time and had to move it down slightly so the scratch was pretty visible. It was more than a scratch - more like a gouge. So I am looking for one that preferably has a sleeve so it won't gouge the tower. Would like to hear your experiences and what has worked for you.

Anyone know the manufacturer of the mirror arm that comes with the boat from the factory?

Thanks much.

Al

Wolf-
01-28-2007, 06:26 PM
Hi all,

I just bought a 2006 LSV and would like to buy a mirror arm for it. Last time I bought one for a previous boat, the mirror arm clamp did not come with a sleeve so it scratched the tower up pretty badly when I installed it. And of course, I did not get it right the first time and had to move it down slightly so the scratch was pretty visible. It was more than a scratch - more like a gouge. So I am looking for one that preferably has a sleeve so it won't gouge the tower. Would like to hear your experiences and what has worked for you.

Anyone know the manufacturer of the mirror arm that comes with the boat from the factory?

Thanks much.

Al

I have one from Monster (http://www.monstertower.com/) (makes of the Monster Towers).
It has a delrin insert that keeps it from scratching.

cab13367
03-13-2007, 07:18 PM
Is anyone using the Skylon Extreme Fixed Mirror arm from wakeside.com (see link below)? Wakeside tells me that it does not come with a sleeve so you better get the mounting location right the first time because it will leave a mark on the tower if you have to remove it and move it. They tell me that most of their customers using a strip of runner from an old bicycle tube. Just wondering what everyone's experience has been.

I know I can go with monster as it comes with a sleeve, but I personally like the look of the Skylon better.

Thanks,

al

http://www.wakeside.com/page/w/PROD/wakeboard_tower_mirrors/skylon_xtreme_fixed_mirror_arm_07

tarkus70
03-13-2007, 09:54 PM
I like the Monster arm I fold my tower to store the boat and the mirror arm is removable. Just my $0.02