PDA

View Full Version : Order tomorrow!!

h2oskierrick
01-27-2007, 01:48 AM
Well after driving and looking for quite some time we are ordering our Mobious LS at the boat show! We're excited, but a little bummed as well. We'll be selling our 87 Ski Nautique that we have owned for almost 15 years of faithful service. Hopefully the Mobious will provide 20 years of service as well. The only option I have a questioin on is the wake plate. The dealer I am working with says the LS doesn't need it and then I spoke with another dealer out of state said that he wouldn't sell one with out? So i need some advice, is a wake plate needed to make decent wakes? Thanks for the help.

Rick

Buttafewcoe
01-27-2007, 07:33 AM
My Outback doesn't have one, but I've seen them. Prolly not mandatory you get one, but nice to be able to shape the wake @ the flick of a switch like that.
B

Jon
01-27-2007, 10:06 AM
You definitely need the wakeplate on the LS. In my experience the wakeplate doesn't do much for the regular Outback but helps the other boats quite a bit, especially to allow crossover ability. I'm like your out of state dealer, every boat I get with exception to the Outback has a wakeplate on it.

qb12
01-27-2007, 10:18 AM
listen to jon, he knows. and yes it does make a big difference

he has been of great help to many of us..

smokedog2
01-27-2007, 06:03 PM
Got it, love it, you should get it.

I pull kids on tubes (yea I'll hear about that), a little ballast and the plate keep the prop from cavitating on those hard banks.

Buttafewcoe
01-27-2007, 07:29 PM
Why an LS and not an LSV?

superman
01-27-2007, 07:52 PM
I would never own a boat without a wakeplate. PERIOD.
________
no2 vaporizer review (http://no2vaporizer.net)

h2oskierrick
01-28-2007, 01:57 AM
Why an LS and not an LSV?

I ordered mine today at the boat show! I got the LS and not the LSV because I wanted soemthing that skiied better, but also gave some extra room. I went with the wake plate, .. thanks for the advice!

As far pulling tubers as mentioned in previous reply, .... you gotta keep everyone happy! Thanks again everyone!

deepcove
01-28-2007, 04:07 AM
I have the LS with the wakeplate...well worth it in my opinon.

Buttafewcoe
01-28-2007, 05:28 AM
But the boat would still float w/o it. :D
B

deepcove
01-28-2007, 01:03 PM
yes it will float but the wake won't be shaped as nice..... :lol:

JoeTechie
01-29-2007, 01:58 AM
Forget wake shape - the boat is not designed to run fast without it! The hull is convex. It has a stepped rear that actually sucks the stern into the water as you run. This is great for wakes, but lousy for running. The boat porpises like hell! The LSV is worse than the LS because of weight distribution, but physics is physics. The smaller plain Outback has a much flatter rear hull, and thus a NWSA rated wake - the LS and all other models have hulls that create wakes without ANY help. Wakeplates are there to REDUCE the wake size (and shape it), but also to plane the boat down so it runs fast well.

Wakeplates should be MANDATORY on all but the plain outback.

mho,

Joe

/edit - my spelling sucks - edit/

Buttafewcoe
01-29-2007, 05:35 AM
:D

Dave A
01-29-2007, 03:39 PM
I have an 05 LS with the wakeplate and can't imagine having a boat without one.

Buttafewcoe
01-29-2007, 10:20 PM
But what I'm hearing is the basic Outback does not need a gadget like a wake plate.

Buttafewcoe
01-30-2007, 06:21 AM
And the wakeplate acts more like a trim tab on the other models. I see now why those that have one speak highly of them. Sorry for any confusion you may have caused.
B

lowdrag
01-31-2007, 02:05 AM
JoeTechie hit the nail on the head especially with the porpoising issue. If you're planning on doing anything with the boat that you need to go fast to do like slalom skiing or just getting from point A to B it's worth the money. My LS didn't have the plate and it would porpoise bad. I tried to correct it by filling the front bag, but all that got me was a few more mph before it started.