PDA

View Full Version : New to friend 2011 Moomba XLV Gravity Games . Questions

KDC3612
06-03-2019, 02:13 AM
So good buddy of mine just picked up a real nice 2011 XLV GG edition as his first wakeboat. ItÂ’s the perfect boat for what heÂ’s looking to do. Looking to find out some info and how the boat is wired . Let me preface by saying I am long time boat owner and former Centurion rep. Owned ski/wakeboats for 25yrs........ So pretty familiar with inboards all around.

Trying to understand how the bilge pump wouldÂ’ve been wired and how it operates for mooring purposes. Most my boats ( Centurions and MCÂ’S ) had a 3 way toggles for the bilge . On/off/Auto . DoesnÂ’t seem to be the case here. My current Nautique has a bilge only mode on the toggle. So I am curious how the factory bilge is wired on this XLV. My buddy is mooring his boat and we have had some wicked rains. His batteries were doa after a week of siting. I think part of that was the dealership didnÂ’t fully the charge the batteries after being laid up , but also drain on the batteries form the bilge. I had him leave the batteries in the combo 1/2 mode as a precaution to ensure the bilge ran. DidnÂ’t know if it has a float switch and is hard wired into the boat itself so you could shut the batteries down (0 on the isolator switch) and still have the bilge run. I just have no clue how this operates on this particular boat and we didnÂ’t get much time to go through and test that part. Kind of a big deal as the boat is moored in the water. ( I know not ideal , but budget for now only permits that)

Boat is equipped with dual batteries and an auto isolator. Also came with some nice upgraded Wetsounds amps and set rev 10Â’s. So I am not sure if the perko switch , power and ground distribution blocks , and isolator were a factory installed option Or aftermarket.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Super stoked for him to pick this beauty up.

Stazi
06-03-2019, 06:27 AM
The bilge is either auto or on. No off setting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KDC3612
06-03-2019, 07:12 AM
The bilge is either auto or on. No off setting.

Thanks.

So with the boat off, key out of the ignition it’s still in auto mode ?

How about if I turn the perko to off ?

Stazi
06-03-2019, 07:26 AM
If you turn the perko to off, then everything is off.

This is a highly risiy if you keep the boat moored as you risk sinking it.

KDC3612
06-03-2019, 12:00 PM
Y
If you turn the perko to off, then everything is off.

This is a highly risiy if you keep the boat moored as you risk sinking it.

Thanks.

In my Centurions you could turn the perko off and the bilge was hardwired to the battery so it would still be able to work. Thanks for the clarification.