PDA

View Full Version : where's the best place to put weight on a 2003 outback

moomba020202
06-20-2003, 09:10 PM
just want to know the best places to put weight for the best wake possible i appreciate the help thanks

Catdog1
06-20-2003, 11:01 PM
On the dock. Just kidding. ( Can you tell that I'm just a simpleton skier?)

Jon
06-21-2003, 07:37 PM
I would put two fat sacks on either side of the motor box and a fat sack up front. I have put a fat sack in my back storage locker in my Mobius but I have made some modifications to it so it will handle the weight. whatever you do, have around a 2:3 front to back weight ratio.

06-24-2003, 11:50 AM
Yes, put weight on each side of the motor, then some weight under the back seat, and some weight in the ski locker or in the bow.

medevac130
06-25-2003, 11:17 AM
I have a 01 and the hulls are pretty close. I put a full sized sack in the aft locker, and two fat buddys up front. I have a bow filler cushion and I fill the bags underneath it(the bags do not have the space to fill completely but that doesn't seem to matter). I used to put them on either side of the clam shell, but it was making my wake have to much peak and wasn't firm enough at the top. Moving them forward has helped a lot. To back this up Wake Board Mag just did a boat weighting article and said that for a boat our size the ratio should be 55/45% Aft versus Forward. Hope this helps.