PDA

View Full Version : Opinions and Boom Suggestions for 2002 Moomba Outback DD 20'

NOfooter
05-29-2019, 10:45 PM
Hey folks,

Looks like we're picking up a 2002 Outback direct drive 21' with 500h in the coming week. I believe it has the 310 or 320 5.7L Indmar assault motor (yes its carb). I've done my research and have really only seen positives about the boat, other than it being reliant on weight placement and some water getting in the bow depending how you drive it. Just thought I'd gather some opinions from you guys here. How does it go for slalom and barefooting? Don't anticipate I'll be running a course with it however I work at a small ski school so you never know when a boat will break down. If anyone has any suggestions for booms that'll fit and whether or not it'll need an extension that would be great. Looking forward to what you guys have to say. Cheers.

Dshield
06-01-2019, 11:56 PM
Hey - I just joined the forum. I have a 2006 outback and am very pleased with it. Had the exhaust re-fiberglassed 3 years ago and changed the fuel filter last year. That's been it. Think i have something on my boat about being an official tow boat for waterskiing but not my thing. I'm pulling kids who wakeboard or surf. Enjoy your boat!