PDA

View Full Version : Surf locker ballast bag?

larry_arizona
05-29-2019, 01:57 PM
I don’t use my surf locker on my 2018 SA. Looks like a decent location for added water ballast.

Thoughts on this? Wakemakers custom bag?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeepers
05-29-2019, 01:59 PM
I’d just measure it and find a bag at wakemakers that is the closest fit. I tend to oversize VS undersize.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

larry_arizona
05-29-2019, 02:02 PM
So go big and let the bag conform to the space.

Being so far rearward would likely require some added bow weight

ChadSA18
05-29-2019, 03:09 PM
I'd keep in mind that the black plastic shroud separating the compartment from the engine isn't structural. So you would have to make sure the bag doesn't expand much or it would probably just collapse the plastic or rip the screws out. Lead may be a better option back there.

larry_arizona
05-29-2019, 03:30 PM
I'd keep in mind that the black plastic shroud separating the compartment from the engine isn't structural. So you would have to make sure the bag doesn't expand much or it would probably just collapse the plastic or rip the screws out. Lead may be a better option back there.

Great point, I forgot it’s a little flimsy and the shroud is basically a removable engine cover.

Prospersigman
05-29-2019, 03:59 PM
I use mine for all sorts of things...I have 300 lbs of lead in there (150 in each corner), 2 skim boards in bags, 4 sets of water shoes for the kids, wife and I and a shore spike. Not sure how you don't use it honestly it is great for wet ropes, wet life jackets, etc.

KnoxMojo
05-29-2019, 05:38 PM
I use mine for all sorts of things...I have 300 lbs of lead in there (150 in each corner), 2 skim boards in bags, 4 sets of water shoes for the kids, wife and I and a shore spike. Not sure how you don't use it honestly it is great for wet ropes, wet life jackets, etc.

I agree, it has become my catch all and is awesome! 100 pounds a side in the locker, wet stuff, 2 skim boards in surf socks, perfect place to dry vests and my knee brace. Noodles, pretty much anything I can stuff down in it and keep out of the boat.

larry_arizona
05-29-2019, 05:41 PM
Yeah, lead once again makes more sense.