PDA

View Full Version : Max Front Ballast Options

flienlow
05-28-2019, 03:25 PM
I'm Trying to research the best approach for additional bow weight in the Max. I didn't notice that it had hard tanks until After I bought it.

I know that I can buy lead for it. However, I would really like a plumbed in Bow sac of some sort.
I do not want to over stress my 6k boat lift, and I'm not down with loading and unloading weights at the end of the day. On top of all that, I am no longer into the the throwing a pump over the side game. (just wants to flick a switch :) )

KnoxMojo
05-28-2019, 05:38 PM
Does the Max not have a bow bag? Or is it a sub floor 1200 bag? 900 rears and the 1200 up front equals 3000. Maybe wakemakers has an option. Pretty sure its either a hard tank and bag up front or just a really big bag. Hopefully someone chimes in the knows. Have you looked up the murder max thread on here?

Boonejeepin
05-28-2019, 09:54 PM
The Max has a bag under the floor. I am pretty sure it is a 1000 bag from the factory. You can connect in. To the factory vent lines and run a u shaped bow bag under the front seats. That is what I do.

Bow weight is a good thing only if you have enough rear/midship weight. Too much bow weight and you will knock down the height of your wave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flienlow
05-29-2019, 01:22 AM
The Max has a bag under the floor. I am pretty sure it is a 1000 bag from the factory. You can connect in. To the factory vent lines and run a u shaped bow bag under the front seats. That is what I do.

Bow weight is a good thing only if you have enough rear/midship weight. Too much bow weight and you will knock down the height of your wave.

Have any pictures of this? what bag did you go with? I have 910s in the mid ship lockers with the timers adjusted so they do fill up too much.

Boonejeepin
05-29-2019, 04:08 AM
Have any pictures of this? what bag did you go with? I have 910s in the mid ship lockers with the timers adjusted so they do fill up too much.

Unfortunately, this is the only pic that I can find and the boat is in storage.

I have a Ronix 500lb u shaped bag under the bow seats, Ronix 900 lb bags midship and WakeMAKERS 1280s in the lockers. I connected the bow bag
inline on both sides using the vent lines coming from the factory center bag.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190529/4889c6f31b6ec6175dadaca9be05cd6c.jpg

flienlow
05-29-2019, 10:41 AM
This is great! thanks

Boonejeepin
05-29-2019, 11:58 AM
This is great! thanks

You will have to add a good amount of hose to do this. Not able to just cut and reroute the factory hoses.