PDA

View Full Version : Autowake add on?

Surgical_ass
05-28-2019, 01:31 PM
Just wondering if auto wake is something that can be added on later to the new boats? Assuming that it's just a plug in and program type of thing?

jnr4817
05-29-2020, 02:09 PM
I'd love to know this answer too.

Isaguel
05-29-2020, 07:51 PM
I recall there being a thread on the benefits of autowake, maybe 2 yrs ago or so, one thing I noted was some people mentioning they were turning it off. AW will empty ballast in order to achieve a wake shape so to speak, and fills/empties ballast depending on weight distribution(passengers, gear, etc). SOme did not like the idea of loosing weight and therefore overall displacement. Not sure if AW is different now. I do continue to have reservations about loosing displacement to achieve a particular wave amplitude or shape. I can shape the wave amp and length by moving people around or using the wakeplate and surf tabs and changing speed without affecting displacement. I obv do not have AW in my boat now so I'm not speaking from experience but rather from what I remember from other threads, and from simple deduction., and I don't feel like I am missing out on anything. The only thing I wish I had was a digital modern touchscreen to quickly adjust the plate/tab settings easily and quickly. As it is now the process of navigating my screen to make adustments is very cumbersome.

larry_arizona
05-29-2020, 08:42 PM
Autowake will adjust ballast to achieve pitch and roll.

However once you understand it, you can max your ballast and move your Crew or lead in the static mode and hit your pitch and roll dynamically.

It’s really awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tommy2slow
08-08-2021, 04:12 PM
Just wondering if auto wake is something that can be added on later to the new boats? Assuming that it's just a plug in and program type of thing?

This thread died without the original question being answered. I have the G6 ballast system on my 2020 Mojo but not autowake. Is adding Autowake a simple software upgrade or is there a little more involved in adding this to my boat?

996scott
08-08-2021, 04:18 PM
don't know the answer but i'm sure a phone call to your dealer would answer it.

KnoxMojo
08-08-2021, 06:26 PM
This thread died without the original question being answered. I have the G6 ballast system on my 2020 Mojo but not autowake. Is adding Autowake a simple software upgrade or is there a little more involved in adding this to my boat?

No, It can't readily be added after the fact. It is PDM's, sensors, the inclinometer, amplitude tube and other various components that make it all run. Anything is possible with money, but it wouldn't be feasible.

parrothd
08-09-2021, 11:41 AM
No, It can't readily be added after the fact. It is PDM's, sensors, the inclinometer, amplitude tube and other various components that make it all run. Anything is possible with money, but it wouldn't be feasible.

I added it to my Craz, I would ask your dealer, it's all plug and play..

Tommy2slow
08-09-2021, 12:03 PM
I really like the idea of the “Go Home” feature available with the MY21 boats. I am wondering if it would work for wakeboarding to level the boat or would it be constantly trying to correct the list that the rider creates on the boat when that are edging hard outside the wake? Has anybody tried using this feature for wakeboarding?

SONIC
08-09-2021, 12:05 PM
Autowake works really well for wakeboarding as is no real need to use the tabs to level it does it with ballast

KnoxMojo
08-09-2021, 01:30 PM
I added it to my Craz, I would ask your dealer, it's all plug and play..

Well there you go. I know I had seen people say it was a pain to get it after the fact. What was the total cost?

parrothd
08-09-2021, 02:10 PM
Well there you go. I know I had seen people say it was a pain to get it after the fact. What was the total cost?

Somewhere around 1k a few years back just for Inclinometer. I could've add the draft sensor for more $$$ but skipped that. Just depends on how good your dealer is or contact skiers choice directly.

Tommy2slow
08-10-2021, 01:23 AM
Autowake works really well for wakeboarding as is no real need to use the tabs to level it does it with ballast

I was thinking about the new feature that uses the surf tabs as, well, trim tabs to level the boat at speeds faster than normal surf speeds. It’s been added to the “Go Home” preset. It’s intended use is to level the boat when returning to the dock or zipping across the lake while the ballast is draining. It levels the boat even when the ballast is not even sized to side. My son rides pretty hard now but is only a little guy so we don’t run any ballast in the boat except for the 800lbs of lead that doesn’t leave the boat. I would like to run about 18 mph but the wake washes out so I have to run 19mph to clean it up. My point here I guess is that currently, to even out the boat for wakeboarding when there are only two crew in the boat I have to add a little water to the side of the boat that has the washed out wake. This makes the boat heavier so then I have to add a little more speed to clean up both sides of the wake. A fall at 19.5 mph is a lot worse than at 18 mph so I don’t want go any faster. Would the new “Go Home” feature on the tabs allow me to clean up the wake without adding ballast?

TXSurf4
08-10-2021, 07:37 AM
I was thinking about the new feature that uses the surf tabs as, well, trim tabs to level the boat at speeds faster than normal surf speeds. It’s been added to the “Go Home” preset. It’s intended use is to level the boat when returning to the dock or zipping across the lake while the ballast is draining. It levels the boat even when the ballast is not even sized to side. My son rides pretty hard now but is only a little guy so we don’t run any ballast in the boat except for the 800lbs of lead that doesn’t leave the boat. I would like to run about 18 mph but the wake washes out so I have to run 19mph to clean it up. My point here I guess is that currently, to even out the boat for wakeboarding when there are only two crew in the boat I have to add a little water to the side of the boat that has the washed out wake. This makes the boat heavier so then I have to add a little more speed to clean up both sides of the wake. A fall at 19.5 mph is a lot worse than at 18 mph so I don’t want go any faster. Would the new “Go Home” feature on the tabs allow me to clean up the wake without adding ballast?

I use the "Go Home" feature anytime we are not surfing or boarding and the wake behind the boat is very symmetrical and looks really nice but that is going 25 MPH not exactly sure how it will look at 18. It will definitely be symmetrical but might still have some wash on it at that speed. Definitely worth a try ��

KnoxMojo
08-10-2021, 07:43 AM

Tommy, you may want to double check that go home feature and when it engages, something is telling me it's not till like 21 or 22 mph. A little ballast isn't a bad thing, just add to the side that's washed or take away from the clean side.

SONIC
08-10-2021, 08:19 AM

Gotcha, I do like the go home leveling (I have it setup in cruise mode as well so it levels me out while just running around (supra has had it for a while)).
Not sure if it will work at 18 but I'll try to remember to give it a go next time im out and see if it works.

htfit
08-10-2021, 08:41 AM
I was thinking about the new feature that uses the surf tabs as, well, trim tabs to level the boat at speeds faster than normal surf speeds. It’s been added to the “Go Home” preset. It’s intended use is to level the boat when returning to the dock or zipping across the lake while the ballast is draining. It levels the boat even when the ballast is not even sized to side. My son rides pretty hard now but is only a little guy so we don’t run any ballast in the boat except for the 800lbs of lead that doesn’t leave the boat. I would like to run about 18 mph but the wake washes out so I have to run 19mph to clean it up. My point here I guess is that currently, to even out the boat for wakeboarding when there are only two crew in the boat I have to add a little water to the side of the boat that has the washed out wake. This makes the boat heavier so then I have to add a little more speed to clean up both sides of the wake. A fall at 19.5 mph is a lot worse than at 18 mph so I don’t want go any faster. Would the new “Go Home” feature on the tabs allow me to clean up the wake without adding ballast?Have you tried to set the amp meter to the lowest setting? If you put the amp meter to the lowest setting it should maintain the correct roll without adding much ballast.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

HFarr
08-10-2021, 11:20 AM
Tommy, you may want to double check that go home feature and when it engages, something is telling me it's not till like 21 or 22 mph. A little ballast isn't a bad thing, just add to the side that's washed or take away from the clean side.This may be true. I have not tested that, but it would explain a strange thing that happened to me a while back while using go home function. I got into the throttle hard and up to 25 mph, then backed off due to some traffic. My boat almost stood straight up! Sort of freaked me out to be honest. Wife and passengers said they felt like they were going to fall off the back of the boat and fussed at me like I had done something to cause it. Happened fast too. Makes since if all the plates went from 100 to zero all of a sudden with my back two bags full.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Holdmybeer
08-10-2021, 11:24 AM
This may be true. I have not tested that, but it would explain a strange thing that happened to me a while back while using go home function. I got into the throttle hard and up to 25 mph, then backed off due to some traffic. My boat almost stood straight up! Sort of freaked me out to be honest. Wife and passengers said they felt like they were going to fall off the back of the boat and fussed at me like I had done something to cause it. Happened fast too. Makes since if all the plates went from 100 to zero all of a sudden with my back two bags full.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Been there and done that.....I was 11 people deep mostly rear weight with the bags (1100's) over half full. I have manual tabs and the wake plate was at 0 from surfing. I throttled up hard to get out of a bad spot and the boat went vertical. I laughed pretty hard but I was the only one....

Tommy2slow
08-10-2021, 02:40 PM
I am hoping to not use ballast as my son is not at a level that he requires any ballast. He only weighs 82lbs atm and clears the wakes out into the flats no problem. Trying to figure out if I can use the tabs to level the boat instead of ballast. The boat doesnÂ’t have Autowake atm. Trying to find out if Autowake can be used for this.

KnoxMojo
08-10-2021, 07:49 PM
I am hoping to not use ballast as my son is not at a level that he requires any ballast. He only weighs 82lbs atm and clears the wakes out into the flats no problem. Trying to figure out if I can use the tabs to level the boat instead of ballast. The boat doesnÂ’t have Autowake atm. Trying to find out if Autowake can be used for this.

I can see what you are getting at, but you are looking for a long ways around solution to get there. When we say run some ballast to clean it up, the key word is SOME. it might take as little as 100 pounds in a rear bag to even up the wake. You could also simply ask your passengers to move a bit to clean it up. Do you run any steel shot bags? I always kept 100 pounds near me on our Mojo and moved it as needed to get the wake dialed in. Yeah, if your entire crew is sitting on the port side and only the driver, either add some weight to offset or ask them to move while people are riding. Way simpler and cheaper and I really don't think go home works below 21mph or so. You might be able to download a current manual to do some reading about the system. Remember, add weight to the washed side or take away from the clean side. Good luck!!