PDA

View Full Version : Tough decision-fair price?

waterboy
01-25-2007, 03:55 AM
Well, after much consideration we've decided to sell our beloved Outback LS. :( We just don't ski enough anymore to justify keeping it, so it needs a new home.

I'm not really sure what to ask for it, but here's the description....

2001 Outback LS, yellow and white, just over 200 hours. Very well cared for, has all service records showing regular oil changes. 310HP, wake plate, 4 blade stainless prop, depth finder, rad-a-cage tower with wakeboard rack on one side and kneeboard rack on opposite side, shower, LED interior lighting, Kenwood CD with amp, 10 disc changer, and sub woofer.

Is there a bluebook for boats? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Brian

qb12
01-25-2007, 10:57 AM
waterboy, there is also nada.com

it is not bad but there is no where to input hours, which in my opinion can really impact the value of a boat.

ie, in your case I would think you have very low hours.

Ed, where you able to find the trailer light.

db

waterboy
01-26-2007, 05:19 AM
Thanks for the offer, Ed. I'm sure I'll be taking you up on that. I searched the Kelly site and could only find personal watercraft. I'll give nada.com a try. Thought maybe I'd email Bob Campbell-he'd probably have a good idea of what to ask.......and then try to talk me into trading up on a new one!

Thanks for the advice, guys.

Brian

waterboy
01-26-2007, 05:27 AM
Hmmm........the nada guide lists it as close to what I paid for it!!! :D

Can that be right? Of course I realize that's not what I'll get for it, but it's interesting none the less.

zabooda
01-26-2007, 06:31 PM
My 98 Mobius is listed more than what I paid for it in 2002. They keep their value but as long as new boat prices go up the used boats keep their prices up also. Where I live the these boats go for more than the book price especially where you can get people to see it. That's why I went 230 miles away to get mine in February. Good luck on your sale. Funny, you may be Moombaless living in Moomba Jamboree Land.

MOOMBA_97
02-01-2007, 12:48 PM
Have you settled on a price? Also, does the tower fold down?

qb12
02-01-2007, 12:56 PM

if it has a rad a cage tower, yes it does fold down.

waterboy
02-02-2007, 05:12 AM
Yes, the tower does fold down. We've never had to except once when we first bought it just to try it.
No, I haven't settled on a price yet. I'll most likely try putting it on ebay when spring gets a little closer and there's more people looking for ski boats. I can tell you I'm looking for a quick sale more than trying to squeeze every dollar out of it.
If you're interested let me know and I'll send you some pics.

Brian

MOOMBA_97
02-02-2007, 10:36 AM
I am interested. My little boomerang is just too small with a little one in the mix. I'm up around Tallahassee (I think about 4 hours from you). Please send some pics to this address: [email protected]

Thanks