PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Line Issue

crowsnest2007
05-27-2019, 10:39 PM
Took out my new to me 2007 Mobius LS this weekend and the boat ran great for the first 2 hours. Noticed the smell of fuel so I parked it for the day and let it cool off. Found the issue to be the nut on the end of the fuel line that connects to the fuel fitting. The nut is actually cracked alowing gas to seap out.

Do I need to replace the whole fuel line or just the nut? Any recommendations on where to get what I need?

Stazi
05-28-2019, 10:46 AM
Usually those nuts are captured on the fuel line once the end is formed to fit into the fuel line/carb. You’re better off getting a whole new fuel line. Leaking gas is no joke!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crowsnest2007
05-28-2019, 11:25 AM
Thanks Stazi. Any recomendations on where to buy? I called my local dealer and he said the fuel line was discontinued? Maybe I'll try calling Indmar next

Stazi
05-28-2019, 12:22 PM
If it’s equipped with a Holley carburetor you can go to Napa or a local speed shop and buy one of those fuel lines for a a Holly carb and use that. I had to on my old 2004 LS and the one I bought had an in-line fuel pressure gauge on it too which was a nice bonus.

Other option is to remove the fuel line if it’s for EFI and take that to a Napa or speed shop and get them to fabricate you a new line. Probably cheaper than buying from a dealer.

Another place to check is also skidim.com if all else fails. They might have one for your setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk