PDA

View Full Version : Might be buying 2014 Moomba Mojo 2.5

costanza
05-26-2019, 02:54 PM
Hey there, I currently have a 2013 Moomba LSV with 1100's in the rear, 650 IBS up front and 345 surf motor and am looking at a 2014 Mojo 2.5 just to get a bit better wave. My kids are competing for surfing, so this is within our budget for upgrade. It will end up costing around 11k US / 15k Cdn to upgrade (hopefully).

What's the best weighting for the 2014 Mojo 2.5 for the rears and IBS? I'm looking at the boat tomorrow, so don't fully know how it's setup yet. It looks in great shape with low hours. I'll know more tomorrow afternoon...

Will the wave be better than my current LSV, which has gotten my kids this far for competing (top 10 for world so far)… Sadly, the Centurion's and Nautique's are out of our price range, but this is do-able...

Just looking for any insight the community has for the best setup for this boat, and if the wave will be an improvement over the wave we currently have using a Nauticurl…

Am I crazy to consider this change , or will this be better...

Any insight appreciated!!

Thanks!

jps120
05-28-2019, 11:05 AM
I have a 2014 mojo. i have 1100's in the rear and the ibs up front(i think its 750, but doesnt fill all the way). We dont surf alot so i have not messed with the ballast or wave much. Also I have never surfed an lsv but here is what i think about our boat.

1. the flow tabs work but not well when evenly weighted. We always leave the opposite side lighter, not much though.
2. Goofy side is weak with our weight setup. we have 1 person who surfs goofy and he just prefers to ride switch. again we have not tinkered with it much.
3. Regular side when all bags are full and opposite side drained some is a good wave nice and tall but short. you can change the flow tab and get a longer wave it gets very mellow and no push. with a boat load of people the regular wave just continues to get better.

Hey there, I currently have a 2013 Moomba LSV with 1100's in the rear, 650 IBS up front and 345 surf motor and am looking at a 2014 Mojo 2.5 just to get a bit better wave. My kids are competing for surfing, so this is within our budget for upgrade. It will end up costing around 11k US / 15k Cdn to upgrade (hopefully).

What's the best weighting for the 2014 Mojo 2.5 for the rears and IBS? I'm looking at the boat tomorrow, so don't fully know how it's setup yet. It looks in great shape with low hours. I'll know more tomorrow afternoon...

Will the wave be better than my current LSV, which has gotten my kids this far for competing (top 10 for world so far)… Sadly, the Centurion's and Nautique's are out of our price range, but this is do-able...

Just looking for any insight the community has for the best setup for this boat, and if the wave will be an improvement over the wave we currently have using a Nauticurl…

Am I crazy to consider this change , or will this be better...

Any insight appreciated!!

Thanks!

sandm
05-28-2019, 12:46 PM
imo keep your money in the bank. the 1st gen mojo is a fantastic wakeboard boat but most reviews point out it is not the best surfer in the skiers choice camp.
if you're going to upgrade, make sure it's an apples to oranges comparison in that you are moving into a totally different surfing realm. I don't personally think the 1st gen mojo will be that for you.

costanza
05-28-2019, 07:56 PM
Thanks for the insight - I sincerely appreciate it!!

icemanftr
05-29-2019, 07:00 PM
Are you running a wakeshaper? I have 2013 LSV with same weight setup and I haven’t really been on any boat that had a better wave then mine with a surf gate on the opposite side I’m surfing unless you jump into 23-24 boats. I also run a 400 on starboard passenger back seat if it’s just me and a driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk