PDA

View Full Version : Spring Start Up

ryanhowellmsu
05-24-2019, 09:34 PM
I’m de winterizing my 2008 Mobius for the first time since I bought it. I reconnected all my hoses and placed all my plugs.i also replaced my impeller. I setup the fake a lake and turned it over. I let it run for 30 seconds or so, but no water pulled through the exhaust.

Is there any set time it should take for everything to fill up? I don’t want to let it run to long with water being pulled.

Any suggestions on what could be going on?

jcarter20
05-24-2019, 10:49 PM
It shouldn’t take more than 30 sec or so. Assuming you didn’t miss a hose, then Make sure your fake a lake is sealed good to the intake. I usually get some water squiring out the sides, until I start the engine. Once I start the engine there isn’t much leakage around the fake a lake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ryanhowellmsu
05-25-2019, 12:48 PM
Thanks.

I checked the fake-a-lake, everything was sealed good. I even took it out to the boat ramp to insure it had sufficient water, but still nothing. I removed the entire water pump, an water came out of the bottom hose. I inspected the pump and everything was turning correctly on it. So I’m lost at the moment.

Tylerrnemt
05-30-2019, 12:26 PM
Make sure your intake hose is connected to the bottom hole on the impeller housing and not the top. Once both hoses on the impeller housing are disconnected I always have to refer back to my old pics of first time winterizing because I can never remember which hose goes on top and which goes on the bottom. If these are switched I imagine you would be having this issue. Also maybe remove the impeller and double check its the right part and installed correctly. Make sure all shut off valves are oriented correctly.