PDA

View Full Version : Supra SL Ballast pump location

pedel
05-20-2019, 05:31 PM
My left ballast pumps have slowed down and figured I’d pull the impellers. But I just realized I’m not sure where the pumps are. Before I start pulling panels can someone point me in the right direction?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

larry_arizona
05-20-2019, 08:10 PM
The rears should be accessible through the trap door under the flip seat, fronts are accessible through the round floor door next to drivers seat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pedel
05-20-2019, 08:41 PM
Cool thanks

FamilyMan
05-21-2019, 07:40 PM
i just noticed that my portside pumps take about a minute longer than the starboard side. Didn't happen last year. Did not think impellers would go bad in one season though. Is that somewhat normal?

pedel
05-22-2019, 12:22 AM
That’s the same thing I noticed, but it’s intermittent (sometimes 2-3 min longer). I’ll update after I swap the impellers.

MJHSupra
05-22-2019, 09:24 AM
What pumps do they use on the SL?

When I did my upgrade from wakemakers, the pumps came with these black imps. They sucked, would get stuck after 1/2 season. So I switched them out, they make the orange and green ones, depending on the pump.

That was years ago, I figure they would come with 'good' imps from the manf.

KnoxMojo
05-22-2019, 11:27 AM
Mjh, Auto wake and g6 ballast wears out an impeller faster since in runs more... they are ballast puppies, green impeller.

larry_arizona
05-22-2019, 11:48 AM
Per the fill times on the 2018’s it appears the pumps might be kings on the SL.

The ballast is the same as SA/SE but fill times are faster on the SL.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190522/a4a74110cf3f482308d133b3b6559839.jpg

KnoxMojo
05-22-2019, 12:54 PM
Good catch... that's what I get for assuming, lol

KnoxMojo
05-22-2019, 01:42 PM
All new Supra and Moomba use ballast puppies....SE more ballast than the SL and SA... SA uses hard tanks and bags, whereas SL and SE uses just bags.

pedel
06-03-2019, 12:16 AM
So, I found the one accessed from the hatch under the flip seat, but I can’t find the second left ballast pump for the life of me. Anyone know?
Thanks!

monkey_butt
06-03-2019, 03:46 PM
Open the storage hatch on either side - remove the cover (the one on the other side of the backrest). Pump is behind the cover

pedel
06-05-2019, 12:25 PM
Open the storage hatch on either side - remove the cover (the one on the other side of the backrest). Pump is behind the cover

That did it...thanks!

pedel
06-08-2019, 10:16 PM
Follow up on this. I found the problem, and it wasn’t the impellers. Once I finally opened the second pump, I found that it was bone try. I tried it both fill and empty and couldn’t get it to pull water. I tested it open and it was definitely turning. I noticed that both left pumps pull off the same through hull, so I tried unplugging the working pump. Once I did that and hit fill, the dry pump started working like a charm.

That said, I’d like to know what caused it. It seems like there was some kind of airlock, but I’m not sure. Any ideas from the experts?

Christy
06-04-2020, 09:18 AM
I have a 2013 Moomba mojo, having issues with the center ballast and port side rear, can someone point me in direction of where pumps would be located so I can check imps. Also other trouble shooting to check, everything worked perfect last season.

trace
06-10-2020, 05:36 PM
Debris, lake debris is not your friend. Our lake has been very high with lots of rain, the floating debris has been awful. It'll calm down once the water level starts to drop again. Anyway, I must've sucked up some debris in my upper-starboard ballast impeller. It worked one weekend, but not the next. Replaced the impeller with new one, works like a charm. The old impeller had 2 blades torn 3/4 through. Supra doesn't put strainers on their through hulls, so you can suck up junk that can take out an impeller.

The bigger nuisance was the monkey designer at the factory that thought it was a good idea to mount the pump with the impeller plate pressed up against the large diameter fuel fill line, that's too god damned stiff to move, so you have to pull 2 mounting screws to take it off the back wall so you can rotate it out enough to pull the impeller plate screws. Not hard by any means, but come on, mounted so the maintenance access was blocked, stupid, stupid, stupid.....