PDA

View Full Version : pop up ski pylon

jimmsch
05-18-2019, 08:59 AM
The pop up pylon on my 2018 Max pops up and down fine, but when in the up position it seems to be "locked" for lack of a better word. It does not rotate freely as I believe it should.
Any ideas?

RC_Hinojosa
05-18-2019, 09:04 AM
......Tow your boarders from the tower.

Your Max doesn't really want to pull a tube [emoji1787]

Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk

jimmsch
05-18-2019, 09:05 AM
Sometimes the kids like tubes, and sometimes someone wants to ski.
At any rate it is more about having things work as they are intended.

RC_Hinojosa
05-18-2019, 09:08 AM
Sometimes the kids like tubes, and sometimes someone wants to ski.
At any rate it is more about having things work as they are intended.Just messin with ya. Can you get to where the pylon retracts? Maybe a lil white lithium spray?

Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk

Isaguel
05-18-2019, 09:13 AM
To lower my pylon I lift, rotate counterclockwise and lower it, to raise it I lift and rotate clockwise and it locks in the up position. I do not believe it is supposed to rotate in the up position, or at least mine doesn't. It does not need to rotate since the loop of the rope spins freely within the pylons groove.

jimmsch
05-18-2019, 09:36 AM
It doesn't seem to be easy to get at, I have been spraying WD 40 on it.

Shouldn't the rope go through the hole in the pop up and then wrap around rather than just loop over it?

Isaguel
05-18-2019, 10:06 AM
It doesn't seem to be easy to get at, I have been spraying WD 40 on it.

Shouldn't the rope go through the hole in the pop up and then wrap around rather than just loop over it?

Ok, I see what you mean. Yours must be different. Mine does not have a hole. It has a circumferential groove. the loop of rope just goes over it and sits within groove where it rotates freely. The groove has a plastic insert liner to reduce friction. So I guess, in your case, I dunno.
Maybe someone else here has the same type of pylon.