PDA

View Full Version : Surfboard rack/storage ideas

rameter
05-14-2019, 08:13 PM
Hey guys. 2018 Max with the Roswell strap racks does NOT accommodate a surf board (the bungee is made for a wakeboard). How are you guys storing your boards when out on the water? I really don't want an overhead rack as my wife hates when she's in the shade :rolleyes: and the boards drip over everything when placed back up there after use (I know...I know...). Regardless are you guys replacing your straps with something else? Thanks!

FamilyMan
05-14-2019, 08:24 PM
That is good to know, never tried it yet (have surf sleeves on bimini that your wife hates). Show her some melanoma studies and what older women look like after frequent sun exposure...you might be looking for a new first mate with those methods though....

I imagine there must be a way to replace or lengthen it without ghetto-rigging it (likely what I would do with another bungie cord looped and cinched).

z28ke
05-14-2019, 09:19 PM
I put my wife’s and my phase 5 boards in one rack all the time on my max, just have to pull hard on the bungee.

dieselmore
05-15-2019, 12:28 AM
I have a 18 Max and I honestly put surfboards in the racks. We usally take 3 surfboards with us and they stay in the racks. Bungee is a tight, but they work just fine for us. Infact I don't think we've ever had a wakeboard in those racks haha...