PDA

View Full Version : boat project?

mikepo26
05-13-2019, 01:49 PM
My Friend has a 1989 Supra Bravura for sale. floor is up, all interior is stripped will need full stringer replacement, 351w with 700 hours was rebuilt at about 450 hours, total seal rings , roller rockers, roller chain, new carb, updated electronic ignition system ,heads have some work done 10.5:1 compression engine premium fuel only. AmsOIL since new . double axle trailer , always fresh water NH and Maine. New last year Monster Tower tower and Bimini. Fairly new interior, always covered when not in use, snap on cover. only towed to lake He just does not have time to rebuild boat.
He is the org owner. Any idea what its worth? A realistic value?

sandm
05-13-2019, 02:08 PM
I'd post this over on the supra forums as that site has always gravitated toward restorations of the old school supras.

personally I wouldn't see it selling for more than 2 or 3k as it's a torn up project according to the description. even rebuilt and put back together I can't see it fetching more than 7-10k in solid condition. selling in it's current condition he will take a hit as someone isn't going to be able to do a true water test and is taking it on faith that it's as they describe it.

granted not apples to apples but my buddy bought his last boomerang complete with good interior and very solid running motor for $5k around 2010. only thing it doesn't have over this one is a tower.

again imo and all it takes is the right buyer but finding that one will take some time.

mikepo26
05-13-2019, 02:59 PM
not a member of the supra forum so if anyone can link this in to there or spread the word that would be great

sandm
05-13-2019, 04:24 PM
onlyinboards ad for comparison.

https://www.onlyinboards.com/1990-Supra-20-Bravura-for-sale-Bend-Oregon-95671.aspx