PDA

View Full Version : Helix Bow Ballast

c_stein09
05-11-2019, 09:30 AM
My 18 helix did not come with the upgraded bow ballast. Does anyone know where to buy a similar sac or recommend one that would help balance the 1100's I have in my rear lockers? I have 500 lbs of lead mid ship, but seem to have trouble keeping lead in place when I put it up front.

Liveforthelake
05-11-2019, 10:31 AM
My 18 helix did not come with the upgraded bow ballast. Does anyone know where to buy a similar sac or recommend one that would help balance the 1100's I have in my rear lockers? I have 500 lbs of lead mid ship, but seem to have trouble keeping lead in place when I put it up front.

Wakemakers.com ,They have someone you can talk to that will help you out. I can take a pic of mine if you want.

2017 Moomba Helix

c_stein09
05-11-2019, 02:10 PM
Is your bag a U-shaped bag or do you have two separate bags that are linked? I was going to order a universal U shaped bag but I wasn't sure if it would fit under the center seat around the cup holders.

Liveforthelake
05-11-2019, 02:44 PM
Is your bag a U-shaped bag or do you have two separate bags that are linked? I was going to order a universal U shaped bag but I wasn't sure if it would fit under the center seat around the cup holders.

It’s one bag. More triangular if I remember correctly.

2017 Moomba Helix

c_stein09
05-11-2019, 06:45 PM
Is that located under the floor or in the seat storage area? I have never seen the factory upgraded ballast and there are not clear explanations. Is the factory upgrade 400# piggybacked from the standard sub floor bow ballast?

Liveforthelake
05-12-2019, 09:44 AM
Is that located under the floor or in the seat storage area? I have never seen the factory upgraded ballast and there are not clear explanations. Is the factory upgrade 400# piggybacked from the standard sub floor bow ballast?

It’s in the seat storage area, so you can’t store anything in the front unfortunately. From my limited understanding it is piggybacked from the floor ballast. Honestly, I’m not the best person to help you on those questions. I know there are some guys on here that can help you get some extra ballast. Wakemakers knew exactly what and how to install upgraded ballast in my old LSV. I’m sure they would know. Might consider steel or lead bags as well. I put an additional 800# of steel in mine as well. Good luck!

2017 Moomba Helix

LAwake
05-12-2019, 11:50 AM
Yes, it's u shaped and it's piggybacked off the hard tank in the center floor. I have mine out of the boat and here at the house if you want a pic. It is 400 pounds when filled and FATSAC brand. I can take a picture on my phone and either email or text it to you if you'd like. You can PM me on here with a contact and I'll send a few pics to ya for reference.