PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket towers

98outback
01-21-2007, 11:03 PM
I would like to get everyones take on aftermarket towers. If you have one, which do you have and why did you decide on that one. I am looking into the monster tower right now. All help and opinions are appreciated. If you do not like the monster tower please tell me why. Thanks in advance

Double D
01-22-2007, 11:18 AM
This is the sight I am looking at for ordering my tower from. I have spoken with the owner of the place and they were extremely helpful. I haven't ordered it yet (Not sure if I am going to be able to swing the money)

http://www.samsonsports.com/

qb12
01-22-2007, 11:30 AM
have you looked at newdimensiontowers.com

they have the factory look towers. i had one on my old outback and it looked great and their customer service was top notch...

jburnside
01-22-2007, 06:17 PM
We had a Monster Tower on our '03 OutbacK LS and it worked great. Had 2 board racks and their tower bimini. The picture of our boat is still on the Monster Tower site in the customer photo section. The customer service was top notch. I still don't think you can touch the price of their towers any where else either. Sampson and New Dimensions products look great and function perfectly well but I bet they are hundreds more than the M.T. Good luck, let us know what you decide on.

98outback
01-22-2007, 10:02 PM
Thanks for the input so far. The sampson tower is a good looking tower but I am not sure if i can justify the cost. I m leaning towards the monster tower but would like feedback so I know if I should go ahead and buy the more expensive tower. I like the factory look of the one from new dimensions.

Smrtz
01-22-2007, 10:42 PM
Ive heard nothing but good things from Monster tower customers. In fact before I purchased my outback (with tower) I had a runabout that I was very close to putting one on.
Take a look on the monster tower site there are pics of Moombas with the towers. For the price and quality you cant go wrong!

Cheers

Wolf-
01-23-2007, 12:18 AM
Thanks for the input so far. The sampson tower is a good looking tower but I am not sure if i can justify the cost. I m leaning towards the monster tower but would like feedback so I know if I should go ahead and buy the more expensive tower. I like the factory look of the one from new dimensions.

Before buying the outback, I put a Monster on a 195 classic Bayliner.
Installation instructions are great and available online.

The guys at Monster do a great job with customer service.
When we sold the Bayliner, I kept the Monster mirror and wake board racks.
Called monster and wanted to buy some new inserts so it would fit on the Moomba tower. Bill (the owner) had them shipped to me at no cost.

The quality of the tower is excellent.
Cost was about 35-50% less then other vendors. I bought mine locally, so drove up to pick it up and received a discount of roughly 6%.

If you buy and they don't throw an extra set of the quick disconnects in the box (sometimes they do and sometimes they don't) I'll send my extra set that didn't go with the Bayliner when it left.

As was mentioned, check the site and the photos if you haven't already.

NH Moomba
01-23-2007, 10:58 PM
I have Monster tower and it is great. I wish my boat came with a factory tower but this is a great aftermarket great tower and it folds down under the cover. Mine is the purple moomba in their customer photo section. Usually if you order the MonsterTower along with racks, there is a significant discount. I didn't buy the quick disconnect kit as I could buy the same knobs from McMaster.com for $3. They now include the kit for free I think.

Somebody is selling a Moomba tower on ebay for $799.

Andy

98outback
02-08-2007, 09:31 AM
wolf

Is the offer still open for the quick releases. I have ordered my monster tower and they wanted to charge me for these.

NH Moomba
02-08-2007, 02:15 PM
For other Monster Tower owners interested, these are the quick release knobs I bought for my tower.

www.mcmaster.com (The worlds best online hardware/industrial supply store). Item # 60795k35 is an M12 x 40 mm bolt with a molded on 7 lobe nylon knob. It cost me about $4.00 each and I bought 6 in case I dropped one in the water. Make sure you use a bit of the never sieze compound supplied by Monster.

Monster Towers are all metric and these fit the mounting perfectly. You can download a drawing or cad file if you click on the technical drawing link.

INlakeOutback
02-08-2007, 03:05 PM
Can't beat Monster Tower for the money, I had one on a Four Winns Runabout and loved it. (also on the customer photo's green boat) Easy to instal, fold down easy and look great. I have the Rad A Cage now on the outback but have not used it yet so I can not compair the 2.

Wolf-
02-09-2007, 01:01 AM
wolf

Is the offer still open for the quick releases. I have ordered my monster tower and they wanted to charge me for these.

PM me an addy and I'll mail them out.