PDA

View Full Version : 2019 craz standard ballast vs upgraded ballast

Surgical_ass
04-29-2019, 12:38 PM
Hello all, im trying to get my ducks in a row with what I will need right away b4 we pull the trigger on a Craz. Its my understanding that the standard ballast is:
Rear- 900s
Mid- 700s?
Bow-500?

My thoughts on upgrade are

Rear-1280s. Would like to go with the 1450s but I'm afraid that I will not have any storage space with the leg extension on the bag.

Mid-keep the 700s assuming that that is what comes standard there. Is there any other options for heavier bags in this location? Also, we might carry a set of skis every once and awhile. Is there going to be any room in the locker for these with the bags?

Bow- assuming that standard is 500lb. Upgrade to the 750 integrated bow. Will this bag even fit or should I just put lead with the factory bag?

I'm not completely opposed to lead but I'm worried about the extra weight on the trailer and tongue. Would rather not need to move anything around either

Is this going to be enough weight to throw a great wake? Ive read through several other threads and feel like I could get the tab settings where they need to be just want to make sure the weight is correct first.

Thanks!

Stazi
04-29-2019, 03:23 PM
Center is a tank so you cannot do anything there, the front piggy backs off this, and I am not sure if the 750 IBS would fit. The standard 500 takes up almost all the underseat space in the bow. Nonetheless, you can add some lead bags behind it, probably 50-100lbs behind each leg.

As for the rears, unless the are the type,of bags with lower profile legs, like the “Enzo” bags, nothing much above 1000lbs will fit as they will hit the front of the lockers where the back rests are. If the smaller of the bags you mentioned has low profile legs, then you could make those work.

In my Craz I added 500lbs of “lead” with 100 up front and 400 mid ships, evenly split on both sides. It’s effective and compliments the 1100’s I have in the rear lockers. My 1100 don’t completely fill as they interfere with the front of the lockers, but probably hold close to 1000lbs each side. If you run with a small crew of 2-3 people you might want to have an extra 400lb bag to put on the surf side when needed, but it isn’t a must, and with a bigger crew, just adding the lead I suggested and getting bigger rear bags will definitely be enough for a really good wave.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Surgical_ass
04-29-2019, 03:43 PM
With the legs on the enzo bags filled where would the other storage options be? Do the legs take up all the storage space behind the driver seat?

Stazi
04-29-2019, 03:52 PM
Yes. With the Enzo bags all underwear storage is gone. That’s why I use lead it it only about 2-3” thick so a more effective use of space. Only issue is that you can’t just pump it out like water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

parrothd
04-30-2019, 10:06 AM
With the legs on the enzo bags filled where would the other storage options be? Do the legs take up all the storage space behind the driver seat?

Just because you have the enzo with legs doesn't mean you have to fill those parts. Just fold the leg underneath itself or I use a milk crate. BTW there's ton of storage in the cubbie, it's a huge space.

Surgical_ass
04-30-2019, 10:35 AM
I thought about folding it under. How much weight do you think it looses from the legs not being extended? What do you do with the milk crate?

parrothd
04-30-2019, 11:26 AM
I thought about folding it under. How much weight do you think it looses from the legs not being extended? What do you do with the milk crate?

You could do some math, sorry I can't help with that..lol.

I have the heater on one side, then use a tool box and all my other crap on the other side to balance the bags length wise. The best option is to order custom bags, they're actually cheaper than wake makers. You could make the rears a little taller than the enzos and shorten the legs and probably get the same weight. I had them copy the Enzo 1400 bags, but I didn't have my Craz when I ordered them otherwise I would've maxed it out. You should plan on 500lbs of lead, that's a good starting point in addition to the bags.. I paid $390 for each bag. You want 2 ports on the lower rear and 2 on top.

https://www.fatsac.com/

jared24
04-30-2019, 12:51 PM
I have the exactFIT bags from wakemakers for my Craz. They use up every bit of rear and under seat storage perfectly. The site has these bags rated at 1190#'s. Can someone tell me how the Enzo's are rated at 1400+ pounds when both bags occupy the same amount of space? Just trying to get an idea of how much ballast I'm actually running...

parrothd
04-30-2019, 01:22 PM
I have the exactFIT bags from wakemakers for my Craz. They use up every bit of rear and under seat storage perfectly. The site has these bags rated at 1190#'s. Can someone tell me how the Enzo's are rated at 1400+ pounds when both bags occupy the same amount of space? Just trying to get an idea of how much ballast I'm actually running...

They will fill whatever space is available, the number really doesn't mean much. You just want the area filled.

jared24
04-30-2019, 01:43 PM
They will fill whatever space is available, the number really doesn't mean much. You just want the area filled.

I get it, I would just like to know approx how much weight that is. The two I mentioned fill the same space but are a couple 100#'s off in ratings....

Surgical_ass
04-30-2019, 01:54 PM
Is there any way/room to piggy back another bag onto the mid hard tank?

parrothd
04-30-2019, 02:01 PM
I get it, I would just like to know approx how much weight that is. The two I mentioned fill the same space but are a couple 100#'s off in ratings....

Measure how many gallons it takes to fill and you can figure that out.

Stazi
04-30-2019, 02:56 PM

To go where?

Surgical_ass
04-30-2019, 03:41 PM
I guess to sit onto/beside the mid tank. Not sure how it looks in there. Is it a hard square protruding from the bottom into the middle ski locker or is it flush below the ski locker?

parrothd
04-30-2019, 04:18 PM
I guess to sit onto/beside the mid tank. Not sure how it looks in there. Is it a hard square protruding from the bottom into the middle ski locker or is it flush below the ski locker?

Ski locker? There's no access, it a hard gas tank(takes up the entire main floor space) and hard ballast tank under the floor.

Surgical_ass
04-30-2019, 05:22 PM
Ski locker? There's no access, it a hard gas tank(takes up the entire main floor space) and hard ballast tank under the floor.

Ahh ok I was thinking there was an access door in the middle ofthe floor. I just assumed thats what it was.

Stazi
04-30-2019, 06:59 PM
Nope

CDawg46
09-17-2020, 06:17 AM
Just picked up a 2019 Craz and purchased those exactfit 1190#'s from Wakemakers(delivery in 6 to 8 weeks). I'm a big guy and need that extra push, so I'm looking to add more weight to the boat. My pocket is fairly short(compared to other boats) and I'm looking to lengthen the wave. Would you be able to tell me if the 1190's only fill the rear compartment or do they also fill up a portion of the storage under the seats? Is there any room for an additional ballast bag in front of the port or starboard side 1190's? Was hoping to piggyback another couple of smaller bags.

I have 500 #'s of lead spread around the boat and was thinking of adding another 500#. Hopefully fit it somewhere at the front to help with pitch.

Stazi
09-17-2020, 08:10 AM
The 1190’s go all the way up under the side seats. It’s evident from the pictures of them on there website.

You could put lead under the the bags toward the back of the rear compartments, but there’s no point putting lead under the lags as there’s limited room.

Surgical_ass
09-17-2020, 08:34 AM
Just picked up a 2019 Craz and purchased those exactfit 1190#'s from Wakemakers(delivery in 6 to 8 weeks). I'm a big guy and need that extra push, so I'm looking to add more weight to the boat. My pocket is fairly short(compared to other boats) and I'm looking to lengthen the wave. Would you be able to tell me if the 1190's only fill the rear compartment or do they also fill up a portion of the storage under the seats? Is there any room for an additional ballast bag in front of the port or starboard side 1190's? Was hoping to piggyback another couple of smaller bags.

I have 500 #'s of lead spread around the boat and was thinking of adding another 500#. Hopefully fit it somewhere at the front to help with pitch.

Id use your lead mid ship and bow (250 each location) and increase your speed (11-11.5) that should lengthen the wave nicely. If your needing more push you might try slowing your speed (10.8-11)

Stazi
09-17-2020, 09:19 AM
And make sure your wake plate is all the up at 0!

Also for more push you should have the surf plates at 55-60 (natural) for port and 65-70 for starboard (goofy).

If you run those higher it will lengthen the wave but it will be flatter with less push. I recommend the former and increase the speed as you progress wit your skills to lengthen the wave

I’m 215-220 and run 70% for goofy at 11.4 all the way up to 12mph, depending on crew size.

I have universal 1100’s in my Craz plus 1000 lead equally split on both sides just in front of those rear bags.

Stazi
09-17-2020, 09:21 AM

Yes, unless already equipped with the under seat bow bag (surf edition came with that) the center fills and then fills up the bow bag.

AveDalang
03-24-2021, 02:28 AM
Hi...In the event that the Craz trailer has twist axles and a touch of freedom under the bumper, it's conceivable you could acquire that 2-3 creeps by changing the axles to an alternate situation without expecting to do a totally extraordinary trailer. Some customization of edge and tire estimating could likewise help you drop some tallness possibly.