PDA

View Full Version : 2018+ Supra power tower seat pinch

larry_arizona
04-24-2019, 01:56 PM
This is one boo boo I made first week I owned my SA. So mostly a public service announcement for power tower boats.

The tower will cut the seat.

Yes, there is a warning sticker on the tower as well as in the owners manual to lower and rotate the drivers seat out of the way when folding the tower.

Just ordered the fabric from SC and the local canvas shop is replacing the damaged panel. So not a huge cost but still a hassle.

It’s the type of mistake you only make once. I also put a piece of black foam on the tower bracket just in case it hits the seat with someone else folding the tower

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kaneboats
04-25-2019, 12:00 AM
Yes, there is a warning sticker on the tower as well as in the owners manual to lower and rotate the drivers seat out of the way when folding the tower.

It’s the type of mistake you only make once.

You stupid f$&%*. Kidding. Anybody can just not be attentive for a moment. It is unfortunate but one of the things that can happen. Thanks for sharing the consequences of a moment of inattention to the detail of putting your boat away for the day. I really hope this will help others.

larry_arizona
04-25-2019, 08:40 AM
You are actually correct on the stupid F, lol.

But that is what needs to trigger someone to remember to move their seat when folding tower.

I personally think the interference/pinch point should be corrected with a right side seat bolster redesign. Some things just need to be idiot proof......lol

sandm
04-25-2019, 10:48 AM
Lar, you're not the only one. last boat had it for a month. pulled out of the garage to take down for a quick warranty repair. forgot to put the pins in the tower. 55mph on the interstate caught a breeze and alpha z slammed down into the boat. slight tear and a knick in the gel. I think I was LUCKY to say the least.

never did that again.

pays to always double check everything....

kaneboats
04-25-2019, 01:07 PM
I started pulling out of the garage with a rear locker door open (standing straight up) and tore up two sections of the door. Barely hurt the locker door at all (in fact it was easier to open after that. "Why is this thing pulling so hard? OH $HIT!"

larry_arizona
05-10-2019, 07:00 PM
Seat Fixed!!!!

Now I just need to chant “DOWN, BACK, ROTATE.....DOWN, BACK, ROTATE”!!!!