PDA

View Full Version : Cost to Reupholster 1 Bucket Seat

1967Goat
04-22-2019, 04:38 PM
I just finished removing all of the foam, vinyl and staples from my bucket seat to get it reupholstered. I called a shop and was told about $450 to recover the seat. Does this sound reasonable? Sounds awful high to me. I spent several hours removing all of those darned staples. Its from a 98 Mobius.

trayson
04-22-2019, 07:39 PM
I'm not terribly surprised. Yeah, you've done a lot of the work, but the driver's seat is the most complicated piece on the whole boat.

I can't tell you what the seat spec's out at. My boat is a 23' XLV and has a lot of vinyl. I removed everything from the boat and was quoted with him removing all the staples but with me doing the reinstall in the boat. Quote was $3300 for everything. He said he spent a LOT of time on the driver's seat (but it came out badass).

bergermaister
04-23-2019, 12:53 PM
That does seem a bit high to me... Look around for Plan B. Depending on your colors you may get lucky.

https://www.greatlakesskipper.com/catalog/product/view/id/157473/s/g3-boat-bucket-helm-seat-73521096-cream-two-tone-gray/category/4532/

rdtraveler
04-23-2019, 08:11 PM
I just brought all the parts for new upholstery, 23 pcs, the seat counted as two and was quoted $3200. The foam seemed to still be good. I think it is the fact of them having to cut new foam. I took out the striping in the original design and asked if he could add some more foam on the parts your legs fold over to give it a little more detail and not seem so plain and he acted as if he didn't even hear me. lol Yes, I think it is the foam added to the upholstery.

parrothd
04-23-2019, 11:30 PM
I just brought all the parts for new upholstery, 23 pcs, the seat counted as two and was quoted $3200. The foam seemed to still be good. I think it is the fact of them having to cut new foam. I took out the striping in the original design and asked if he could add some more foam on the parts your legs fold over to give it a little more detail and not seem so plain and he acted as if he didn't even hear me. lol Yes, I think it is the foam added to the upholstery.

If you have the foam intact and viynl it may be cheaper. I use the old viynl/foam as templates. You need to shop around and get an in person estimate. Probably 350ish.

Turbinesurgeon
04-24-2019, 04:28 PM
I just had my interior done and most shops in the Phoenix area would charge about that price. Only one shop I visited was dirt cheap but I didn’t get a warm fuzzy feeling they were using good materials.