PDA

View Full Version : Blower 2000 Moomba Outback

Russell.Read
04-21-2019, 11:15 PM
Hello,

Need some help with a blower for 2000 Moomba Outback. I just bought the boat and I noticed the blower was not working. After looking at the blower there is no tubing our anything. It is just mounted to the side of the engine bay by itself. Is this how its supposed to be? Did not see a lot of post for 2000 Outback. All of the newer Moombas have blower tubing and vents that shoot out the back of the boat. Moombas around my year have a engine cover with two vents located at the bottom back end of the cover. I was thinking of mounting tubing for the blower there , but this is where people will be sitting. Don't want fumes blowing in their face.

Thank you for your feedback and help!

Russell

zabooda
04-21-2019, 11:24 PM
My 98 had a vent tube going to the center of the rear transom.

web
04-22-2019, 03:02 PM
Same on a 97 Outback. Always out the back

1967Goat
04-22-2019, 04:51 PM
Good timing. I just bought a new blower and the ducting from skidim as my 98 Mobius is mostly missing the ducting too. I am going to tackle this project next weekend. I see there are 2 vents up on the cowl where the ducting come in from and attach to the blower. I am not sure if the ducting attaches to the blower, or just ends near the blower intake. In the picture below you can see I have a hard white plastic tube with some duct tape on it. I believe the flexible ducting attaches to the tube (output from blower), which goes out to the transom.

I also have those 2 vents on the rear of the dog house. I don't believe the flexible ducting attaches to them. I think they are for general air circulation, but not sure.28327

zabooda
04-22-2019, 06:33 PM
The ducting goes under the floor and up behind the gas tank and attaches to one of the vent openings. I never had to mess with mine but I do know the ducting was not visible with the rear transom panels off. Good luck with the install.

kaneboats
04-23-2019, 09:11 AM
Had to replace the blower on my 2000 Outback but the ducting was intact. Ran from the vents up front at the windshield base to the engine bay then vented through blower out the transom.

rdtraveler
04-23-2019, 08:22 PM
I am redoing my 2003 outback completely and noticed the blower was in the engine compartment also with the white flex hose running to a vent in the back of the boat. It doesn't fit there very well so I was researching it and I noticed in the owners manual, a section drawing of the boat in the maintenance section, shows the blower in the gas tank compartment. I'm wondering why we are seeing them in the engine compartment? The way the engine cover is set up the fan in the back should evacuate the air from both in a couple minutes for sure. Anyone find a conclusion to where it should be?

tshock
12-23-2019, 12:48 AM
I am redoing my 2003 outback completely and noticed the blower was in the engine compartment also with the white flex hose running to a vent in the back of the boat. It doesn't fit there very well so I was researching it and I noticed in the owners manual, a section drawing of the boat in the maintenance section, shows the blower in the gas tank compartment. I'm wondering why we are seeing them in the engine compartment? The way the engine cover is set up the fan in the back should evacuate the air from both in a couple minutes for sure. Anyone find a conclusion to where it should be?

Where can I purchase one? Thanks